You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Easton Fatboys or GT 22's

I am looking for a 3d arrow and am stuck between these 2. I can get a better FOC out of the GT's, so I am leaning in that direction. I have no experience with either of these shafts.
    Outside of these any other recommendations. Durability and quality are biggest concerns.
    I have Beman speeds and really like them, just looking to see if a fatter arrow makes a difference.
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by alaz View Post
    I am looking for a 3d arrow and am stuck between these 2. I can get a better FOC out of the GT's, so I am leaning in that direction. I have no experience with either of these shafts.
    Outside of these any other recommendations. Durability and quality are biggest concerns.
    I have Beman speeds and really like them, just looking to see if a fatter arrow makes a difference.
    thanks.
    Go the Gt's i did and have never looked back
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

I have had great success w/ Fatboy's and all things Easton, including a/c/c's and Full Bores. Until I experience otherwise I see no reason to change.

GT22's are a good shaft as well, many use them. I say buy which ever you can get the best deal on. You will be happy either way.

Every arrow available is compared to an Easton equivalent fwiw.
    Be good or be good at it.

Fat boys are pretty good dont get me wrong, theyre softer in spine and fly pretty good wih lower FOCs. GTS22ULs are lighter and stiiffer, they sort of require more FOC for optimum flight, but when you give em a lil more FOC, they do fly great.You can get the cheaper of the 2 grades of GT S22ULs and save money, cut them on bothe ends you wont tell the difference between the silver and gold label. There is only 1 grade Fat Boy , the over priced one.
    Eastons are made in China, GT in Mexico. Screw the Chinese and give the Wet a job and he might go back to Mexico.
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

If I go GT22's (which I like overall and I am leaning to), what is the negative side about being over spined?

With aluminum ,and acc I believe the right spine is more important. I dont think spine is as critical with carbon arrows and can be trumped with more FOC. If you have a short to average draw and use 100 gr points or a long draw and use 125 gr points, you will get good results with the Series 22. People get into trouble when using overspined arrows in conjuction with low FOC
    Last edited by Compound Comedian; 12-17-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Compound Comedian View Post
    With aluminum ,and acc I believe the right spine is more important. I dont think spine is as critical with carbon arrows and can be trumped with more FOC. If you have a short to average draw and use 100 gr points or a long draw and use 125 gr points, you will get good results with the Series 22. People get into trouble when using overspined arrows in conjuction with low FOC
    I am a 28.5" draw...thinking of cutting them 27.5" with 125 gr for nice FOC.

I have a long draw and am using 125 gr nibbs in S22ULs, they fly great. i think yo will get really good results with that combo

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    I have had great success w/ Fatboy's and all things Easton, including a/c/c's and Full Bores. Until I experience otherwise I see no reason to change.

GT22's are a good shaft as well, many use them. I say buy which ever you can get the best deal on. You will be happy either way.

Every arrow available is compared to an Easton equivalent fwiw.
    i will agree 100%
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

Well if you want another option, take a look at the Harvest Time HT-3 or HT-4... I shot GT Pro X-Cutters last 3D season, and my new HT-4's blow them away in every aspect.

I actually decided on picking up some single arrows from South Shore Archery.
    Figure I'll try different versions of each, including the HT-3s.
    thanks.