You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: like a caveman

Default like a caveman

I have decided to attempt to take a deer next season the way it was done 100s of years ago. so I have made some arrow heads through a process called fling knapping. and I will be making a bundle style bow as well as crafting a few arrows. I think this could be a new challenge that few can say they have ever attempted let alone been successful at. so I just thought I would let you all in on my plan. Sure many will think I am crazy but I think it will be fun. I will post some pics of the heads soon and will update the thread when I make the bow and the arrows.

Good for you Mate hope it works out for you ????I think I'll stick with the z7 mag with carbons as this normally works for me!!! If i wanted to hunt like a caveman I would have bought something from the "HOYT RANGE"
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Cool

I ve offen thought that building a bow from start to finish and then to shoot a deer with it would be a rush.

After watching acouple of Utube video's on it I don't think I have the skill or the time to build a quality hand made bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Cool

I ve offen thought that building a bow from start to finish and then to shoot a deer with it would be a rush.

After watching acouple of Utube video's on it I don't think I have the skill or the time to build a quality hand made bow.
    look up bundle bow!! I don't think i could build a long bow capable of taking a deer but a bundle bow is no problem. I am starting to build bows now in hopes that I can be ready by next season. honestly the bow doesn't worry me that much it is staying inside the state regs that makes this so hard. for example in pa an arrow head must be at least one inch wild and so far three of five heads I have made fall 1/8 to 1/16 short of that mark.

I agree it would be a rush. in my eyes a doe taken this way will be as gratifying as getting that 170+ b&c that we all dream about.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Good for you Mate hope it works out for you ????I think I'll stick with the z7 mag with carbons as this normally works for me!!! If i wanted to hunt like a caveman I would have bought something from the "HOYT RANGE"
    lol hoyt range. now that's funny

I will still be hunting the regular season with my Parker but where I live we have an early doe season that I never hunt so I thought I would make it interesting and do it like a caveman.

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

sounds like fun.good luck
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff