You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Things that tend to wear against us causing burn out.

Dwelling on scores versus the game itself and the camaraderie that can develop.
    A lack of interest in the sport when your old shooting friends move on.
    Setting yourself up, trying to shoot in a class that in turn puts more pressure on yourself versus having fun with the game and shooting in a class that carries your average more so. Pressure and challenges can be good, but there still is a reality check that needs to be in place in order to enjoy the game and yet excel in the sport towards the next level.

Those that push theirselves hard as far as scores and ranking with others tend to see more emotional ups and downs in the game.

Job changes, injuries, relocations and family matters can also wear on the urge to shoot as one did prior. Heck even in this sport as emotionally and mental as this game is, just a change in what happens to some of you’re old web site friends and hangouts can change the attitude towards the urge to participate in the game.

All in all a change in the game, backing off some, and as stated a new bow can all perk a drive to shoot again. Some folks just take longer to get back in the saddle again then others.

Give it a change or some time or different approach and keep what was a blast and fun years prior a chance to give you many more.

Just a few thoughts

Jeff
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!

I been burning myself out the last few years, 2 indoor leagues in winter, during the summer 2 3d leagues,shoots and tournaments every weekend, shooting was loosing its fun, decided Im not shooting this winter in any leagues or shoots, only shooting will be in my basement fixing me! and trying to get more consistant!

The last few years i been dealing with back,neck,shoulder issues....sometimes the flame is put out because of the health issues. oh well i havent shot a target since sept and i love it!! im really looking forward to the 3d season (outdoors).
    Elite Pure, Limbdriver,Doinker Fatty's,Vaportrails,Fatboys

PSE Vendetta XL,Limbdriver,Doinker,Fatboys,Easton Axis

Went down in the basement and shot around 10 arrows. They all felt real good so I decided to stop right and not turn it into work.

Got league's starting tonight, I think I'm going to leave it at one league this year and shoot weekends by feel.

All went well, I went into league's last night with no expectations on my score just to shoot and have fun.

Dropped 2 points in the first 2 rounds then cleaned it intil the last 2 rounds and dropped another point in each, that left me with a 446 out of 450. Not to bad for the amount of time I put into practise these last couple of months.

All this time and I still can't control the pressure of starting a new round and finishing out a good score.

That is still really good shooting! Now, the most important thing, did you have fun doing it?
    Proudly representing BowTech, Oak Ridge Archery, Vaportrail, Gold Tip, Dead Center Archery Products and CNC slings for the 2012 season

Quote Originally Posted by stubby'smom View Post
    That is still really good shooting! Now, the most important thing, did you have fun doing it?

Why yes I did.

Hoping to put alittle practise in and hang on to those last few points next week, maybe alittle bit of break was what I needed.