You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Technology

Scent free & sittin High vortec 1's Avatar

Default Technology

Starting with a recurve back in the 70’s , instinctive shooting(no sites),your release was your three fingers and then going through this sport with the changes to a compound,sites,release,string loop and God knows what else I see feeders with dinner bells, range finders and now the trail cam. A friend loaned me one a few weeks back and I was excited to try it as after all the lousy gun season’s we have in this state, I wanted to see if anything was still alive out there. They have been moving all during the nite.I even have a pic of a decent shooter. What I thought was cool was that I would be able to pattern a monster buck next year, down to the time. Now when I think about it I wonder if technology has gone too far or at least for me anyway. To me I ‘m starting to think that here, this buck has been able to elude man and is a survivor in which I respect and I’m just going to show up on time because that’s what the camera is telling me and presto (instant gratification).It somehow doesn’t sound as much of a challenge, what do you think?
    HIGH COUNTRY SPEED PRO X10 "SPEED KILLS",HHA site,Carbon force Mayhem/Easton Fat Boy Arrows,Alpine quiver,TM hunter and Swhacker Broadheads.

its all what is best for you. some like to have every trick in the book others prefer to go the way of yesteryear.

personally I start out thinking like I want it to be as old school as possible but as the season goes on the more I am willing to reach in the old bag of tricks.

it like going to a bar, you walk in thinking i am just going to have a drink and a snack. 5 hours later you stumble out the door with a chick so ugly if you cut her hair she could pass for a dude and couldn't be happier about it.

I may have gone to far with that one but you know what I am getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohansolo View Post
    its all what is best for you. some like to have every trick in the book others prefer to go the way of yesteryear.

personally I start out thinking like I want it to be as old school as possible but as the season goes on the more I am willing to reach in the old bag of tricks.

it like going to a bar, you walk in thinking i am just going to have a drink and a snack. 5 hours later you stumble out the door with a chick so ugly if you cut her hair she could pass for a dude and couldn't be happier about it.

I may have gone to far with that one but you know what I am getting at.
    Don't rightly kow if you've gone too far, but it is funny. Fortunately I've never been that drunk.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Don't rightly kow if you've gone too far, but it is funny. Fortunately I've never been that drunk.
    tell the truth. that was last Saturday right.

just kidding!!!