You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
    It was nothing too overly fantastic, but things I needed and wanted. Shoes, clothes (normally he picks out stuff I won't or can't wear), But mostly I was surprised with things I liked! Plus, I had some friends that were mad that he didn't get me anything last year, so they spoiled me a little

In our 9 years together, there has been 3 Christmas' where he got me absolutely NOTHING, so just that he got me something and I didn't have to go pick it out myself makes me happy!!

I do have to add, it is a little frustrating when he tells me how broke we are so I spend lots of time trying to stay within a SMALL budget for 4 people and then he goes out and spends about 1/2 of what I had to budget just on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
    thank goodness for gift cards. I have found that men can not buy clothes for woman. it will either be to big,to small,wrong color,out of style, or I wouldnt be caught dead in that. it sure beats standing in the exchange line for a couple hours.

I have to say I'm on the same page with Longcut. I either piss her off with a size to big, or it won't fit. That color clashes with her hair ect. ect. blaa blaa blaaa blaaah. So this year I got her cash with a promise to take her to the mall without bitchin.

Of course I fulfilled my promise on the day after Christmas when I dropped her off at the mall and me and the kid went for the bike ride.

Now Wheelie in years past when your DH(dearest husband) forgot to get you a Christmas present was there any sort of agreement made about not buying each other presents, we will spend it on the kids and make it special for them??? I know when times were tough in our household I fell for that trick once or twice. We agreed not to get anything for each other and just buy for the kids then on Christmas day she gives me a gift and I had nothing for her.
    I don't fall for that trick anymore and always have a back up gift come Christmas, birthdays, and hollowween, just incase.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    Well Wheely and everyone else here , I did it this year as I cheapen Xmas by buying my wife of almost 40 years a new cell phone , that was brought today plus 750 texts a month besides 700 minutes of calls . I already brought her much needed pots and pans that were on sale for this season , but no I had to buy her a cell phone while I get her hand-me down , lucky me !

I have made Xmas cheap , BECAUSE MY WIFE HAS YOURS TRULLY AND THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH FOR A DOZEN LADIES ( AT LEAST BACK IN MY YOUNGER DAYS ) and I had to buy her some trinkets , when she has me !

I think that it was really overkill too !

Only in America !

Oh you've made a terrible mistake.....oh my, your in for it now.

Now she'll be calling you when your fishing, hunting, drinkin what ever. She'll know when you've been sleeping, she'll know when your awake, she'll know when you've been bad or good so be good for heaven's sake.

Give up your card.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    I have to say I'm on the same page with Longcut. I either piss her off with a size to big, or it won't fit. That color clashes with her hair ect. ect. blaa blaa blaaa blaaah. So this year I got her cash with a promise to take her to the mall without bitchin.

Of course I fulfilled my promise on the day after Christmas when I dropped her off at the mall and me and the kid went for the bike ride.

Now Wheelie in years past when your DH(dearest husband) forgot to get you a Christmas present was there any sort of agreement made about not buying each other presents, we will spend it on the kids and make it special for them??? I know when times were tough in our household I fell for that trick once or twice. We agreed not to get anything for each other and just buy for the kids then on Christmas day she gives me a gift and I had nothing for her.
    I don't fall for that trick anymore and always have a back up gift come Christmas, birthdays, and hollowween, just incase.
    I wouldn't call it an agreement when he tells me HE doesn't want anything and for me to just worry about the kids. Then there was one year I told him I just wanted a watch, nothing fancy... He kept promising we would go pick one out, we never did. His sister ended up getting a watch for me, which is the one I still wear today.
    I just want my DH to make me feel remembered and thought of on occasion. He Very Rarely does anything that doesn't benefit him in someway on holidays and Bdays (or ever).

Talking Am I missing something ?

Is this thread becoming a drama thread ?

I always remind my better half that things could be alot worst during hard times !

I always remind my better half that things could be alot worst during hard times !

I always tell my wife things will get better. no need for both of us to worry.
    Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers

Not a drama thread, just a simple reminder to remember your wives even when things are tight... It's not about how big or expensive the gift is, it is about being remmebered and cared for enough that you put some sort of effort into your relationship. I got a hand written card on a folded piece of paper for V-day and that was enough for me

When my first Misses was playing up like a second hand lawn mowerI remember telling her she could shoot me ,stab me and run me over with the car but i'd never leave her????? So she did the right thing and she left !!!!!Now that was a gift I still Cherrish to this day !!!!Goodbye Dear
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Talking Here's what I think !

West-T , you did the right thing !

Quote Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
    Not a drama thread, just a simple reminder to remember your wives even when things are tight... It's not about how big or expensive the gift is, it is about being remmebered and cared for enough that you put some sort of effort into your relationship. I got a hand written card on a folded piece of paper for V-day and that was enough for me
    yes, as manly man he men we sometimes forget to do the little things.

"ok honey I posted it, can I have my man card back now"

Go the Gator HA-HA-HA
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

if you have to beg you dont need it.
    Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers

What no Carpshooter????

maybe he finally did it.

He got his bow out and shot.

What no Carpshooter????

maybe he finally did it.

He got his bow out and shot.
    He did it alright !!!!!Him and his 2012 New Years Promises