You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default supra me or hoyt contender

I'm looking for a new bow to shoot 3d with this year and I have always hunted with PSE so I was leaning towards the supra but the contender kinda caught my aittention also. Anyone have input on the two.

i had a Hoyt in the past and it just wasn't for me, couldn't shoot it well at all went to Elite had a few limb issues ended up with a PSE Vendetta XL and love it.
    the new PSE's came out shot the Supra ME and ordered one for me and my wife liked it so much she has one on order as well.i don't think you can go wrong with either but as for me PSE feels better in my hand than Hoyt i prefer the grip draw cycle and hold of a PSE over the Hoyt.
    good luck sorry not much help and to the site

Red. PSE Supra ME
    Black. PSE Supra ME

Both are sweet bows.... I prefer the CE over the regular Contender though.

That being said....I prefer the CE over the Supra. BUT...having shot a good number of arrows from the Supra. That is one sweet bow....I would shoot one in a heart beat.

You really are probably have to shoot them both and decide for yourself. Neither is a bad choice...and neither is really better then the other. But one may be a better fit for you for one reason or the other.

You can hunt with a bow in excess of 32" A2A and you can have a top shelf target bow that you dnt have to lace your arrows thru the riser. The standard Contender with xt3000 is a bargain and is the finest open shelf production shooter currently in production. I owned a shoot thru Hoyt bow once and hated lacing arrows thru it, $300 + more for the disservice.I applaud PSE to be back in the serious target bow business, if only to keep the competition on their toes
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

I own a Supra, and tried a Contender elite with 3000 limbs and spirals. The contender is very nice, but the spirals would take a bit getting used to. I have L6 cams on my Supra, which feel very close to the ME. Very nice to draw, probably a little better wall on the ME. I would definately get another Supra. Are you looking at Spirals or GTX cam on the bow?

I like the 2011 supra better than the me. Smoother shooting to me. I would like to get some l6 cams for my supra or just get a vendetta xl.
    Snake Creek Mafia
    2012 Elite Answer
    TRU-BALL shooting staff Bernies Control Freak Staff
    Part of the UnBannable Crew on AT You Cant Catch Me.

Being a Mathews dude,I had the opertunity to shoot the Supra at the range last week and man it's a real nice thing!!!!Real nice on the draw and the backwall,wouldn't buy one but would love shooting one
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

I haven't gave much thought to the cam options on the contender to be honest. The main thing that attracts me to the hoyt is.the looks as silly as it sounds. I like the supra because I grew up on Pse

I have GTX cams on mine, I too think the Spirals are too harsh. As far as PSE goes vs Hoyt. The Risers and cams are machined aluminum alloy. The limbs are what sets them apart. PSE you get solid fibreglass planks. Hoyt you get true laminated limbs. If you take all the tension off the limbs on a Hoyt you will see they are gracefully recurved, real limbs, PSE you get a plank. The dryfire survivability is also a testimate to the Hoyt limb. The Hoyt limb is why Im a Hoyt fan
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Compound Comedian View Post
    I have GTX cams on mine, I too think the Spirals are too harsh. As far as PSE goes vs Hoyt. The Risers and cams are machined aluminum alloy. The limbs are what sets them apart. PSE you get solid fibreglass planks. Hoyt you get true laminated limbs. If you take all the tension off the limbs on a Hoyt you will see they are gracefully recurved, real limbs, PSE you get a plank. The dryfire survivability is also a testimate to the Hoyt limb. The Hoyt limb is why Im a Hoyt fan
    nothing at all against pse but, imo hoyt just builds a better built bow. like said before, you will just have to go shoot both to see which one fits you best. they are great target bows
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

I've got a customer shooting the hoyt now and just ordered a Supra ME. A lot of target guys are looking at the new Supra. I shot the single cam version last year and it's great. Can't wait to get the new one.

Besides, how can you beat it for the price? You save hundreds over any of the elite hoyts.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

I agree about the Hoyt limbs...I do not think there is a better limb. PSE's limbs are fine, but not Hoyt limbs. However, I prefer the overall feel of the PSE, just more comfortable for me to shoot. They are close in speed, but if you go with the GTX cam, I would imagine the PSE would be faster. Not that speed is everything, but for 3d speed is nice. Also, whether you go spirals or GTX cam, I feel the Supra is nicer to draw, but again it is what I feel. I find any bow I work with for a month or so feels fine... I guess just muscle memory.

I am in a similar debate between the Vantage Elite and the Supra/ Dominator.
    Keep us posted on what you decide.

Hoyt Vertor Turbo

I know a lot of people in my area that were shooting the CE went to the Vector Turbo as well of a hunting bow as it is it is gonna be a hit at the targets.

I have a contender elite with xt3000 limbs and spiral cam's. Was outside shooting the temp was 23 degrees and I tried a new release. Well long story short I de nocked the arrow and dry fired it, bow set at 28" draw 64 pounds.BOOM sounded like a bomb went off. I opened my eyes and the bow looked fine!!! Thats been two years ago and its still going strong.. Last year my bow shops owner's littler brother let a new supra get away with him and they still havent found all the pieces.. I know there not made to be dry fired but CHIT happens!! The supra is a nice bow and shoots very well. But I'll stick with my ole HOYTS

I'd go Supra but thats just me, I really don't care for the contender riser.

Talking A little known fact !

I shoot mostly Hoyts , my bows are old compare to those that always want the lastest bows !

Whatever happen to the Money maker bow from PSE ?

I shot against a guy who had one and well , it only seem to shoot Xs !

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    I shoot mostly Hoyts , my bows are old compare to those that always want the lastest bows !

Whatever happen to the Money maker bow from PSE ?

I shot against a guy who had one and well , it only seem to shoot Xs !
    PSE stopped making it.

Cant say which is better, but the other day I put some arrows through a FREAK and Supra and I was pretty darn impressed!!
    Elite Pure, Limbdriver,Doinker Fatty's,Vaportrails,Fatboys

PSE Vendetta XL,Limbdriver,Doinker,Fatboys,Easton Axis

For the last 3 years, I've been shooting a Hoyt Pro Elite @ 45 # DW. Recently, I bought a used Supra single cam - 55 # DW. Three days after I started shooting the Supra, the soreness in my bow shoulder went away.

A couple of other older shooters I know of have had similar experience. I can't tell you about the Supra ME cams, since I haven't shot them. But the guy I bought my Supra from seems to like them.

I know that the PE is not exactly the Contender, but all of the Hoyts I've shot for any time have left me with sore muscles. I doubt that I'll get rid of them any time soon, but my Supra will be my "go to" bow for now.

As far as one shooting better than the other, I haven't spent enough time with the Supra to say, but I expect that it will shoot as good as the archer is capable of shooting. One thing that I will say for the Supra is that it was easier to tune than any bow I ever shot except for a Nitrous X Scepter. It took about 20 minutes to change DL put on my rest and sight and get bullet holes.

Allen
    Last edited by Allen; 12-31-2011 at 02:39 PM.