You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Carter Evolution Plus!

Well, we got our first batch of Evolution Plus releases in. In case you live under a rock, this back tension release is making big or should I say HUGE waves.

This is a back tension that requires NO rotation to fire unlike a hinge style. Only an increase in pressure can cause it to fire. It is triggered based on the holding weight of your bow. And yes, it has a safety so you can get drawn without busting yourself in the chops.

When you get to full draw and release the safety, it doesn't fire. Then as you pull into the wall, the holding weight increases to the breaking point and the release fires. It will startle you for sure.

Oh, and what's the new 'plus' version. It has customizable springs. No longer do you have to send it back to Carter if the spring weight range does not work for your bow. Just change it yourself.

Well, I spent an hour shooting it the other day. If you want to find out if your honest and shooting properly pick this one up.

This release is a serious education. It takes some time to get the holding weight set right but it's not bad. I don't have mine set on the hairy edge because it would occasionally go off on my when I released the safety. This is not a flaw. It just means I was harder into the wall when I released the safety.

After shooting a while, I was amazed at how many shots absolutely pounded the middle of the X. I'm not saying I didn't have some flyers while learning. Heck I shot one 2 feet into the next bale on one shot while learning this thing

I need to spend some time shooting this but I do plan to use if for our indoor 300 league. It's risky but I think it is worth the learning process.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Sounds kinda cool to me Chris, why dont you just box one up and send it to me to try out. I'll give it a little testing and get back with ya.

You are always playing with all the new cool stuff. By the way what kinda price ya talking about here??

"HONDA"

Since your mad at your money, you can buy 2.

They're $155 but don't hold me to that. They may go up slightly for the new version.
    Last edited by Chris; 01-07-2007 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Since your mad and your money, you can buy 2.

They're $155 but don't hold me to that. They may go up slightly for the new version.
    I'm not mad about anything.

$155................. do they come with a free dozen arrows also??

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    I'm not mad about anything.

$155................. do they come with a free dozen arrows also??
    no the pricing is as follows....

release....34.95
    shipping...120.05
    I cut things up and split them down!

no the pricing is as follows....
    release....34.95
    shipping...120.05
    Now that's funny.

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Hey Chris are this similar to the old Stanalosiki's? Pure back tension release?
    I never have tried to master these type releases but when you do man are you ever string splitter time after time . Wathced a local NFAA Pro shot 60 x's, he is close to 67 and still doing mid 50's. HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

how come there not in the online store yet??????

how about a picture......thanks in advance
    Last edited by BUNNYMAN; 01-10-2007 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    how come there not in the online store yet??????
    Carter Evolution Release

Bowman... you must not have looked too hard?

Carter Evolution Release

no I was looking for a CARTER EVOLUTION PLUS

LOL.. We sell these so fast, we only have the Plus edition. The old ones are long gone!

I have one of the "old" Evolutions. You know the ones they used to make way back when.

Anyways, it is an outstanding release. If you can not get a "surprise" release with any other release, you will with this one.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    I have one of the "old" Evolutions. You know the ones they used to make way back when.

Anyways, it is an outstanding release. If you can not get a "surprise" release with any other release, you will with this one.
    are you saying we need to spend time in the blank bail time out box w/this one......

I really like this release, but it isn't an easy fix to your form problems. It should definately solve a persons punching problem. In doing that for me, it has brought to my attention another form flaw that I didn't know existed. You will have to learn to draw into your back wall the same every time. You may think you are now, but wait until you get the Evolution.

I can set the break weight on my Evolution to a certain poundage and have 1 of 3 things happen.

1. I can draw and anchor perfectly and then push to a flawless shot (I hear angels sing when this happens....),

2. I can draw and anchor harder into my back wall. When I release the safety, the bow fires. These shots usually score well because I can hold steady at the beginning of my sequence and I release the safety slowly.

3. I can draw and anchor weak into the wall. When I do this, I generally turn red while trying to set the thing off. I usually shift my focus to breathing so that I dont pass out. I pull and pull until I get shaky and either let down like I should, or show my stubborn macho side and keep pulling even though the "X" looks like a moth flying around a light bulb and I shoot a 4 if i'm lucky.

It is a great release, but like all others, you may have to do the dreaded "blind bale" torture to get a great feel for it.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Carter Evolution Release

Hey Chris,
    Been looking at pure back tension releases. HHA makes a release that's got a very visible spring - the heart of the unit. I looked at the Carter you posted and wonder - looks to me that it releases with the torque of the hand.
    The Carter looks pretty neat and at 155 beats (in price) the HHA @ $240.
    Still lookin' hard at the HHA - but $240?
    Can you, or would you, make a comparison for me?
    Thanx

ny911bowhunter

I will have an Evo Plus soon! I got to play with one the other day....simply Awesome!

I like it better than my Tru Ball hinge style

Quote Originally Posted by Lefteye View Post
    Hey Chris,
    I looked at the Carter you posted and wonder - looks to me that it releases with the torque of the hand.
    It might look like a hinge type release that rotates, but it definitely is not. It actuates on spring pressure that is adjusted to be a little greater than your holding weight. Whenever it sees that weight threshold, it will fire. So if you properly tighten your back muscles to add that little extra tension, it will fire. If you pull too hard into the wall, it will fire as soon as you release the safety. If you let yourself creep forward, it will see the increasing force and fire. It is a great release, but it does force you to do things consistently. I did not realize that I was punching (by rotating) my Solution 2.5. Now with the Evolution, it is obvious that was the case. I have been doing a lot of blind baling, but need still more.
    Ed R

thanks Erasmu. glad i didnt get too attached to it (the pricey one )

Quote Originally Posted by Lefteye View Post
    Hey Chris,
    Been looking at pure back tension releases. HHA makes a release that's got a very visible spring - the heart of the unit. I looked at the Carter you posted and wonder - looks to me that it releases with the torque of the hand.
    The Carter looks pretty neat and at 155 beats (in price) the HHA @ $240.
    Still lookin' hard at the HHA - but $240?
    Can you, or would you, make a comparison for me?
    Thanx
    I have not had a chance to shoot the HHA version so I can't make a comparison. The Carter is very nice. It does take some experimenting with. When I first started shooting it, I kept making it lighter and lighter. Then I had trouble with it going off. So I gradually made it harder and harder.

With it set harder, it forces you to shoot the right way. The constant pull. When it breaks just right its awesome. You instantly know what the perfect shot feels like and they hammer the X.