You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Helix Vs Rh Offset

Hey everyone, New here so first would just like to say hello!

Now I want to get opions on this subject as I have been doing some testing / tuning trying to figure out witch works better. I have read alot of prople think that the helix fletchings work way better and are more accurate that a straight 1 deg offset. So i went ahead and bought the bohning helix blazer jig and gave it a try... I have to say im disapointed at best.... At 20 yds every arrow was a guess of were it would hit the marks... I took the helix off and went back to the 1 deg offset and back to dime size 3 arrow groups at 20yds.... My setup is a mathews z7 extreme, trophy ridge wisker buiscuit, black gold rush 5 pin sight, beman ics bow hunter 340 arrows, 100 gn field points. 2" blazer's..... I dont know if it was the biscuit causing the problem or what but I would like to hear your opinions on this debate.... Maybe once i change the rest over to a qad hdx or ripcord fallaway ill have better luck but for now the 1 deg offset is working much better...

Cheers!

Let me be the 1st to say to the site!!!IMO I'd chane the rest to a QAD HDx they seem to work the best on a Mathews bow,while the ripcord is a nice bit of gear it develops a strange clicking sound or mine did anyways!!!W\B is still a good rest and plenty of guys I shoot with swear by them,Good Luck with this
    Last edited by Westy; 01-01-2012 at 03:23 PM.
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

hey westy, thanks for the welcome.....Yea the only reason i still have it is there is less moving parts a stuff to make noise when your out hunting.....But if i can get better accuracy ...worth it i guess...