You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What bow for the wife?

I let my wife shoot a friends Mission Craze...and she was ready to head to the pro shop ! She doesnt like the size and over all look of the craze and i cant say i do either. Any suggestions on a nice entry level rig?

To be honest I just bougt my wife a new Mission Craze as she is a beginner along with myself and her draw length is 28" which is an inch longer than what Bear ( Siren, Home-wrecker her pretty bow first choice ) offered not to mention I did not want to drop close to a grand on a bow and find out she didn't like archery.
    A plus side to the Craze is that if she want's something else, with the amount of draw length adjustment on the same came as well as the poundage adjustment we can donate/give the bow to practically anyone and it can be adjusted to fit them without them to purchase a different draw length module, or worry about the draw weight being too much or too little.
    Hope this help's.
    Wherever we go, there we are.

Look at the Elite Hunter i just ordred my wife one they are good bows and wont break the bank ether

My wife started out with a Diamond Razor Edge and loves it, package deal ready to shoot will run you about $329, she now only uses it for hunting and has shot a whitetail buck and a texas dall sheep with it. She now shoots an Athens Exceed indoors for spots and does very well but that bow is around $800. I've got a pink Diamond at our shop in Zeeland if you want to see one.

I got the PSE Battle Axe for mine and gues who now sleeps alone????
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

i bought the pse chaos for my woman, she seems to lie it very well. its the pink water drop camo riser with black limbs.
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

You kind of have to figure out what she wants to do. Does she want to hunt, shoot target or just fling some arrows with you at the range or in the yard? The answer to that question would have me looking at totally different bows.

One of my choices would not be the Mission Craze though...or any other bow in that class unless she just wanted to fling a few in the yard. You don't want to drop a ton of cash and I understand that...but it's easier to get rid of a good bow if she doesn't like it in the end then a "starter" bow. But she is also more likely to enjoy it and stick with it if she has good equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    You kind of have to figure out what she wants to do. Does she want to hunt, shoot target or just fling some arrows with you at the range or in the yard? The answer to that question would have me looking at totally different bows.

One of my choices would not be the Mission Craze though...or any other bow in that class unless she just wanted to fling a few in the yard. You don't want to drop a ton of cash and I understand that...but it's easier to get rid of a good bow if she doesn't like it in the end then a "starter" bow. But she is also more likely to enjoy it and stick with it if she has good equipment.
    Do tell, what is wrong with the Craze? Is it not good enough for a newbie to learn to hunt or shoot 3d with?

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo View Post
    Do tell, what is wrong with the Craze? Is it not good enough for a newbie to learn to hunt or shoot 3d with?
    Key part of my post was "I wouldn't".

There is nothing really wrong with the bows .....BUT I wouldn't spend my cash on anything Mission. I don't think they are worth it and you can get something better for the same amount of money or just a little more.

But I also don't like the specs....a lot of people want to always get their ladies into little bows for some reason. Most woman that are serious about shooting wouldn't be caught dead shooting half the bows guys want to stick their ladies in. Every woman I know of that shoots 3D, Indoors, field or FITA shoots the same bows the guys do.

The way I understand it, Mission is to Mathew's, as Force and Mariner are to Mercury, made by the same company just lesser technology if you will.

My wife is the one who picked out the Craze as she really wanted the Bear Siren / Homewrecker to go with my Anarchy but she needed a 28" draw length and neither are avail in her length. nor did she want to plunk down a lot of coin just to find out she did not like archery with the added benefit of having a new bow and warranty.
    As of now we are both looking at purchasing a Hoyt's since she does indeed enjoy flinging arrow's at the target.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo View Post
    The way I understand it, Mission is to Mathew's, as Force and Mariner are to Mercury, made by the same company just lesser technology if you will.

My wife is the one who picked out the Craze as she really wanted the Bear Siren / Homewrecker to go with my Anarchy but she needed a 28" draw length and neither are avail in her length. nor did she want to plunk down a lot of coin just to find out she did not like archery with the added benefit of having a new bow and warranty.
    As of now we are both looking at purchasing a Hoyt's since she does indeed enjoy flinging arrow's at the target.
    That was their initial plan/idea.....but the components used and the way the bows feel in comparison to what else is available say otherwise. They were looking for something closer to the Hoyt/Reflex line...and they swung and missed IMO. Big time.....

If it were me in this situation....I would figure out the needed draw weight and dl....and buy a quality used bow.

Old and Experienced

The PSE Chaos is one sweet shooting bow. It was made for the youth and ladies but I have shot a few of them and I wouldn't be feeling the least bit feminine with one of them in my hand. Has a nice draw length range and poundage range.

Bought my wife a heartbreaker very nice little bow.
    11 Invasion 10 sentinel trophy taker carter, sur-loc, doinker

Quote Originally Posted by Xshooter View Post
    My wife started out with a Diamond Razor Edge and loves it, package deal ready to shoot will run you about $329, she now only uses it for hunting and has shot a whitetail buck and a texas dall sheep with it. She now shoots an Athens Exceed indoors for spots and does very well but that bow is around $800. I've got a pink Diamond at our shop in Zeeland if you want to see one.
    I too started my wife with this bow to see if she would stick with it now she shoots a mathews passion and loves it....

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Let her figure out what she likes, take her around and have her try as many as you can. The ladies are no different than us.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Quote Originally Posted by dbdcougar View Post
    Let her figure out what she likes, take her around and have her try as many as you can. The ladies are no different than us.
    Excuse me...but no, they are totally different

Pics on the way

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Excuse me...but no, they are totally different

Pics on the way
    Hahaha!!!
    Be good or be good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-it View Post
    Look at the Elite Hunter i just ordred my wife one they are good bows and wont break the bank ether
    These have a nice draw cycle and good feet\sec to go with it,i almost bought one of these for myself ,bugger the wife !!!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Have her go give the quest torch a try great beginner bow for anyone.

Noneit's bad enough i have to live with her little lone shoot with her!!!!!