You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Hoyt Katera XT 29.5@62

Default What sight to shoot 3d&hunt

If am looking to trade in my old set up which is a Hoyt Katera xt with tru glow 5 pin micro adjust sights and a qad ld rest. I'm looking for a 35" ata bow like maxxis or am35. I love the rest and have had great luck with the sights for hunting but now that I've started 3d-ing I see a lot of shooters using single rear slide sights. It seems like they might be an advantage for 3d but what about hunting? Which sight do you guys suggest? Thanks

Check out hha that will be the the last sight you will ever need.
    ELITE ANSWER 27" 60

ELITE Z28 27" 60

Quote Originally Posted by wicked ridge View Post
    Check out hha that will be the the last sight you will ever need.
    x2 them are good sights you can check out cbe sights too i have one and love it

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rage-it View Post
    x2 them are good sights you can check out cbe sights too i have one and love it
    you guys dont know what youre talking about. just go and get the truball axcel sight. it has all the adjustments you will ever need. oh, and spott hogg sights are worth looking at also. just kidding about the hha sight they do make some fine sights
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

Viper 5 pin diamondback still made in the good old depending on the speed of your bow and the weight of your arrows you should only need the top 3 pins for 3d anyways,depending on your class!!!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

you cant shoot in hunter class with a Slider. Spot Hogg Hogg Its rule.Most of the Sliders shooters are in Known distance classes which is considered the "disposable douche bag class".
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Compound Comedian View Post
    you cant shoot in hunter class with a Slider. Spot Hogg Hogg Its rule.Most of the Sliders shooters are in Known distance classes which is considered the "disposable douche bag class".

HAHA

Hard to beat a Spot Hogg.

Hoyt Katera XT 29.5@62

Quote Originally Posted by Compound Comedian View Post
    At my local archery range we don't play asa rules much anymore. We shoot some asa rules but I don't know which. I was told I could use the rear slide in the advanced hunter class. Either way I Do like the looks of the Spot Hogg. thanks. BTW does S.H. make .10 pins and how bright are they

Quote Originally Posted by knarly9 View Post
    At my local archery range we don't play asa rules much anymore. We shoot some asa rules but I don't know which. I was told I could use the rear slide in the advanced hunter class. Either way I Do like the looks of the Spot Hogg. thanks. BTW does S.H. make .10 pins and how bright are they
    it doesnt matter who's rules you go by as long as they dont involve any know distance douche baggery The 010 pins are very bright with the Hogg Wrap. Also look ata used one on Ebay or what evver, theyre so good the likely hood is that the used one wll be as good as the new. there are several good pin sights out there, but NONE have the rifle scope like gang no lock windage and elevation the Hoggs do.
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by wilkersonhunter View Post
    you guys dont know what youre talking about. just go and get the truball axcel sight. it has all the adjustments you will ever need. oh, and spott hogg sights are worth looking at also. just kidding about the hha sight they do make some fine sights
    x2 truball does make some very good sights just ask little wilkerson thats what he used to beat your butt last saturday aint it lol

at 70 years young I use a slider sight f/o pin in .029 size for all shooting. Works on old eye real well. the 3 or 4 pin sights are just to small and hard to see, they look like a blur. The scope with one pin seems to be the way to go.

As far as the actual ASA rules are concerned, slider sights are NOT legal in hunter class unless they are locked down in such a manner they cannot be moved once the shooter is on the course... usually accomplished using zip ties. Now some individual tournament bodies are allowing them to be used, but as far as THE ASA is concerned, at last by their rulebook, "fixed pin only, with magnification allowed" is now it reads.

Take a look at apex
    ELITE ANSWER 27" 60

ELITE Z28 27" 60

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rage-it View Post
    x2 truball does make some very good sights just ask little wilkerson thats what he used to beat your butt last saturday aint it lol
    i guess every dog has his day.

lets see where he's at each and every shoot. but he did do good
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff