You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Default just bought a new scope lens

and i cant believe how much it helped my old eyes. i got a 4x for my viper scope and my 3d score improved today 10pts. so i guess it was worth the extra money. i can see the 12 ring out to 30yds and good enough to make a good shot in most other yardages. how many other guys have a lens and what power do you use and what clarifier size? like i said i use a 4x lens with no clarifier.
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

screw pins

There is a reason I have been shooting a scope for so long....heck when I used to hunt A LOT I used a 2X lens...

Now I use a 4X for target with a #1 clarifier....don't make the mistake of using too big of a hole in your peep. I have been using a 1/16" with my clarifier for the past few years. But I realized that I need to go down to a 3/64"....I just keep forgetting to order one when I place other orders or go to LAS.

Got a 4X for an HHA and a .6 diopter Swaro for a Black Eagle. Can't seem to make either work due to, assumption, my off dominant eye shooting style. Got a guy looking to trade a 2X for my 4X. Hopefully that deal goes off cause I would like to try a dot or circle on a 2X to see if that will work for me.

I tried a 4x and found it made the close up shot near impossible!!! I also find they make any small movement at the bow enormus at the target !!!!IMO
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

like i said, i use the 4x lens with no clarifyer and so far, its been awesome. i have a 6" axcell sight bar with my viper scope and have the sight bar moved in just a little to minimize any shake of the bow.
    truball shooting staff

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I tried a 4x and found it made the close up shot near impossible!!! I also find they make any small movement at the bow enormus at the target !!!!IMO
    You will get used to the movement.....but you can also go to a larger dot/fiber and it will not be as bad. That's one reason I prefer to shoot a larger fiber

As for the up close....if your shooting a small housing that can be an issue but it will not be a problem once you become used to shooting a scope. You will be able to draw down on your spot. You shouldn't be searching for it.

GiDay Hornet old Mate thanks for that but i think i'll stick to Advanced hunter Class for the moment!!!!I'm still seeing 6 lines below 20\20 at the moment and the pins arn't a problem yet????Untill then I'm going to stay scope free
    Cheers Westy
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

GiDay Hornet old Mate thanks for that but i think i'll stick to Advanced hunter Class for the moment!!!!I'm still seeing 6 lines below 20\20 at the moment and the pins arn't a problem yet????Untill then I'm going to stay scope free
    Cheers Westy
    man up and shoot in the big boy class......

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post

Now there's a comment that decerves a reputation point.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    Last time I looked I had to big stones still????How is it that using a 6xscope and 56 ft stabilizer makes you a MANwould love to see you use that thing in the scrub

Last time I looked I had to big stones still????How is it that using a 6xscope and 56 ft stabilizer makes you a MANwould love to see you use that thing in the scrub
    Not talking about the size of your pebbles..... We are talking about being in the kiddie pool as far as the class. Big difference. Advanced Hunter is that the one that lets you shoot past 30yds?

This is target archery....not hunting....big difference. But I also haven't ever had an issue smoking deer with a lens in either.

you know, i thought it would be a big transaction from moving up to the open class from the hunter class but so far i am averaging close to 300 on a 30 target course. not as bad as i thought it would be. all i can tell is that the scope will force you to judge yardage a lot better.
    truball shooting staff

Quote Originally Posted by wilkersonhunter View Post
    you know, i thought it would be a big transaction from moving up to the open class from the hunter class but so far i am averaging close to 300 on a 30 target course. not as bad as i thought it would be. all i can tell is that the scope will force you to judge yardage a lot better.
    The only real issue most have is getting used to seeing extra movement in your sight picture. I don't think it causes you to judge distance more accurate. Your just not guessing at pin placement from gaping and you can see the spot your trying to hit better. The yardage part should still be the same.

Talking A little known fact !

Here in the tall corn state of Iowa , there's way more shooters shooting in the bowhunter class at the 3D shoots that we just throw all the rest in the other class , makes them who own the scopes feel great beating the barebow shooters , WOMEN and Cubs !

Real folks shoot bowhunter class !

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    Here in the tall corn state of Iowa , there's way more shooters shooting in the bowhunter class at the 3D shoots that we just throw all the rest in the other class , makes them who own the scopes feel great beating the barebow shooters , WOMEN and Cubs !

Real folks shoot bowhunter class !

i shot bowhunter class for a lot of years but then i decided to put my big boy pants on and shoot the open class.
    truball shooting staff