You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hoyt vector turbo

Well If I had to dabble with the darkside this would have to be this bow!!!At 35"ATA and a respectable 340fps it just might lure me over to the darkside of Archery??????Anyone have any coments on this bow as hoyt are all chinese to me!!!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

I shot a Vector Turbo a couple weeks ago while to me the draw was a bit stiff throught the cycle but still smooth. As a side I chronographed it against the Anarchy both bows 29/70 with my 411 grain arrow the Anarchy hit 285 fps the VT 318 loop and peep. Needless to say I am quite disappointed in Bear
    Wherever we go, there we are.

I own one and it is the smoothest drawing 340fps bow I have ever shot.

I havent shot one but they are some nice looking bows in any of the target colors they offer.
    Snake Creek Mafia
    2012 Elite Answer
    TRU-BALL shooting staff Bernies Control Freak Staff
    Part of the UnBannable Crew on AT You Cant Catch Me.

You have to understand a 340 fps Hoyt rated bow is as fast or faster then anything else on the market boasting 355+
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Compound Comedian View Post
    You have to understand a 340 fps Hoyt rated bow is as fast or faster then anything else on the market boasting 355+
    to that. this is why i shoot a hoyt ,along with numerous other reasons. come over westy i think you will like this bow.
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

i just ordered a hoyt my self and the wait is killing me. its been about 5 years sence ive shot a hoyt

Quote Originally Posted by Compound Comedian View Post
    how would it compare to the z7Mags I now shoot????That is in FPS???????I'm shooting 316Gr arrows at 62# through my z7 mag and it seems fairly quick!!!Problem I have living on this island (OZ) no ones got one to try!!!Have to buy it online and so trusting you guys for some good feedback?????

Cheers Westy
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    how would it compare to the z7Mags I now shoot????That is in FPS???????I'm shooting 316Gr arrows at 62# through my z7 mag and it seems fairly quick!!!Problem I have living on this island (OZ) no ones got one to try!!!Have to buy it online and so trusting you guys for some good feedback?????

Cheers Westy
    In my dealing with any mathews, (not bashing) them at all but if they say their bow iwill do 340 the most of the ones i have dealt with will fall about 5 to 8 fps short of their ibo speed and ive heard of some that fall even shorter. but hoyt will do the direct opposite. if they say their bow will do 340fps then you can bet it will do that plus 5 to 8 fps over its ibo speed rating. good luck in deciding on it.
    truball shooting staff

Hoyt Vertor Turbo

My Turbo is great 62 29 1/2 408 grain arrow 307 bow is stock I see no reason to ditch the stock strings till I need to I did shoot a little lighter arrow at the shop do not know the weight hit 317 both arrows were 400 100 gr tip and well over IBO.

Thanx guys for all the imput !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Thanx guys for all the imput !!!!
    so, what about it westy. are you getting one?
    truball shooting staff

Talking Here's what I think !

Westy , please don't get caught up in this new bow hip stuff even over bows being fast , as the really best shooters shoot just one bow , unlike myself who own 2 bowfishing bows , 3 hunting bows , one spot bow , one speed bow for 3D and of course a bow for the grandkids ( A Mathews Mission Menace , that can be fitted to yours trully ) !

I shoot all my deer at 25 or less yards , mostly point blank from a tree stand shooting down and my fish even closer !

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    Westy , please don't get caught up in this new bow hip stuff even over bows being fast , as the really best shooters shoot just one bow , unlike myself who own 2 bowfishing bows , 3 hunting bows , one spot bow , one speed bow for 3D and of course a bow for the grandkids ( A Mathews Mission Menace , that can be fitted to yours trully ) !

I shoot all my deer at 25 or less yards , mostly point blank from a tree stand shooting down and my fish even closer !
    Thats great I'm comming over to shoot deer at 25 yards caouse the buggers here won't le you get any closer than about 50 -60 yards And i ain't climbing no tree for no one!!!Tree Stands = DEATH????

Default Well Here it is !!!!!!

Good old mister Hoyt!!!!West-T who is loved and admired by many here went yesterday to shoot a Nice New Shinny Hoyt Vortex turbo!!!1Well thats what i thought anyways,Rang both the hoyt Dealers around Brisbane and you guessed it no one had one to shoot!!!!!This bow retails for $1250.00 dollers here thats about $ 1350They said it would take 6-8 weeks before there were anymore in stock!!!!Would buy one from the but never having shot one in my draw length I,m not going to risk it!!!!!Fear not I was saved by my Best Mate Matt Mc pherson who had shipped a heap of Mathews Bows to Eagle Archery Here!!!!!With 2 Magnum Z7's and a soon to be Ex -ez7 going today,a dude is driving just down the road 2 Hours to pick it up!!Where was I????I've decided to buy a Heli-m in Tactical !!!They want $1385.00 here can you belive it????So being the good Christian that I am i bought one in the and have shipped it to Carpshooters House,I hope he doesn't hink the Mormans have left it there for himHe being a good Christian will surely send it on for me!!!!don't put the Dope in with the bow as the sniffer dogs can smell it a mile away!!!!!I nearly went to the darkside of Archery but the Good Lord has saved me from this evil path!!!
    Now if he can only stop me from Drinking that will be the ticket
    Cheers Westy

You fell for that hyped up 30" bow

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    You fell for that hyped up 30" bow
    No not yet!!!!I was a bit mouthy yesterday as the Alcohol made me do it !!!
    to all as I think i've made a bit of a goose of myself yet again!!!Sticking with the 32ATA Magnums for the moment!!!!They fit and i fit them

dang Westy you guy's in Aussie land have one heck of a mark up, the Hoyt Vector turbo by me is going for $858.00 is the mark up due to shipping or scarcity.?

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo View Post
    dang Westy you guy's in Aussie land have one heck of a mark up, the Hoyt Vector turbo by me is going for $858.00 is the mark up due to shipping or scarcity.?
    There dollar isn't the same as ours is......but it's a price increase also because of being imported I would guess.

That being said he needs to find a new dealer.....I know my buddy Marcus sells them for a $1049,

BH is that price here in the state's?