You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

We had 17 on Sunday.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

last year we put on our first outdoor 3d . it was 40 targets on a 240 acre resort . we had 22 shooters for each of the two shoots we had . with all we had to do to get it going i wasnt going to bother with it this year but they talked me into trying it again this year . this year we also have 7 cabins available for the first shoot with boats on a 110 acre private lake with walleye and musky for 90 dollars 1 night and 145 two nights thats per cabin not per person . big cabin sleeps 8 .first come basis hes taking resverations . shoot is 15 for 1 round 10 for second round . if i dont get atleast 40 shooters this will be the last outdoor we do .

what do you reckon Gattor????You can pick up the carpshooter and I'll swing by and pick you both up,but Carppy your shout Old Mate!!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Talking Here's what I think !

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    what do you reckon Gattor????You can pick up the carpshooter and I'll swing by and pick you both up,but Carppy your shout Old Mate!!!!
    Be sure to get the dates of that shoot and I'll see what I can do ?

Can brother Gator bring MIL along ?

There are at least 11 clubs (maybe more) within a 50 mile radius. And thats with lake Michigan cutting off half of the circle. As far as I know, they are all doing well. I'm kinda hoping that one of those clubs becomes financially challenged so that they will open up their membership to us hadicapped archers that have to use sights.

Quote Originally Posted by allen newell View Post
    ES21
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS. IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU FOLKS ARE ON YOUR WAY TO GROW YOUR PROGRAM. HERE'S A COUPLE OF THINGS WE'VE DONE TO INCREASE ATTENDANCE AND INTEREST IN OUR SHOOTS. WE MODIFIED OUR 3D SHOOT SIGN IN SHEETS TO CAPTURE ARCHER EMAIL ADDRESSES (IT'S STICTLY VOLUNTARY AT SIGN IN, WE ASK FOR IT ONLY). ALL EMAIL ADDRESSES ARE ADDED TO OUR ARCHERY GROUP EMAIL AND WE HAVE COLLECTED WELL OVER 100 EMAIL ADDRESSES TODATE. WE DON'T ABUSE THIS AND ONLY SEND OUT GROUP EMAILS TWICE PRIOR TO EACH 3d SHOOT. WE ALSO HAVE CAPTURED THE EMAIL ADDRESSES OF ALL OUR LOCAL SPORTS NEWSPAPER EDITORS AND OTHERS IMPORTANT TO US. tHESE ADDRESSES ARE PART OF A 'PRESS RELEASE' GROUP EMAIL GROUP WE'VE BUILT TO NOTIFY THE LOCAL PRESS OF OUR ARCHERY SHOOTS AND OTHER EVENTS WE WANT TO PUBLICIZE. AT THE CONCLUSION OF OUR YOUTH TOURNAMENTS WE WRITE UP A STORY COMPLETE WITH PHOTOS OF THE YOUTH ARCHERS AND THIS GETS SENT OUT TO ALL THE NEWSPAPERS. THERE ISN'T A CREDIBLE NEWSPAPER ANYWHERE THAT WON'T PUBLISH A YOUTH STORY AND THIS IS TRUE FOR ARCHERY. IT HELPS TO CONTINUE TO GIVE THE CLUB FAVORABLE REVIEW IN THE PUBLICS MIND AND CONTRIBUTES TO THE GROWTH OF OUR JOAD PROGRAM. (I HAD A CALL TODAY FROM A PARENT WHO SAW OUR PRESS RELEASE STORY WE WROTE RECENTLY ABOUT CELEBRATING OUR FOURTH YEAR OF OUR JOAD PROGRAM AND HAVING TAUGHT BASIC ARCHERY TO OVER 100 AREA BOYS AND GIRLS, THIS PARENT WANTS TO ENROLL HER 11 YR OLD SON IN OUR JOAD PROGRAM AND HE'LL START TOMORROW NIGHT. ) ADVERTISING YOUR ARCHERY PROGRAM CAN BE VIRTUALLY FREE AND ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE A YOUTH PROGRAM. OUR CLUB WEBSITE BY THE WAY IS AS FOLLOWS: WWW.MONUMENTBEACHSPORTS.COM WE'D LIKE TO HEAR MORE FROM YOU ABOUT YOUR SEPCIAL PROGRAMS YOU RUN. AND WE'D LIKE TO LEARN FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE, AS WELL AS THE EXPERIENCE OF OTHERS.
    I will visit the website!

We also list our shoots with the local news and results from our specialty shoots.

We do not do the email but we get phone #'s and a few days before the shoot we text them a friendly reminder. This idea came from the president of the club when we asked some local shooters why they didn't make the shoot. Too many of them said they forgot when it was. Problem solved.

I agree with you also on the price of advertising when it comes to the youth, it is virtually free. Our website is www.southcentralarchery.com and you can read the whole story there of how the high school club got started. We are eager to see how our first team shoot goes and I will be posting pics and the story here on 3d shoots. This shoot is geared to the kids to let them shoot with adults as a team. Hoping this alleviates some of the pressure to have to perform perfect and just make it more fun for them.

Also, our local PSE prostaff shooter will be there to offer advice and give tips on shooting.

Kids are the future!!!!!!!!!!!!

kerplunk

Default Reply to ES21

ES21
    I will go to your website to read about how your youth archery program with the schools got started. A year or ago we contacted a number of local schools to try to get a dialogue going about how our Club and the schools could collaborate with youth archery. We got no response. Kind of disappointing. I'm hoping to draw some good nuggets from your story to see what we may have not done correctly or effectively. We have a very good archery facility and all the youth equipment. The indoor archery range is housed in a bldg that measures approx 120 ft by 50 ft. We have 17 lanes that can accomodate up to 34 shooter so it's plenty big enough we figure. Our archery workshop is as good as any commercial range workshop with top of the line equipment for bow repairs, tuneups, string making and arrow making. We repair all the youth equipment that they may own at no cost. So we feel we have an attractive facility. We'd really like to work with the schools to broaden our reach so to speak with area youth who might be interested in learning archery and developing their skills. I'll read your website.