You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Well Bugger me!!!!!

Here I sit and have to post this sad news to all who would give a Hoot!!!!!
    Today was the last practise before the big 3D event on Sunday!!!So yours truely rocks on down to the range at about 4 pm this arvo and my Old mate tony the pom is there with his Crono!!!!We all know where this is going don't we??????Well he shoots 5 year old P.S.E R\H set at 58# and 27.5 Draw length and as everyone here who cares knows I shoot a Mathews Z7 Mag at 62# and 28.5 draw!!!! He takes my arrow which is 316 Gr with 2.3" duravanes and fires it through the crono and he gets a wopping 308 Ft\Secthen stupid here shoots one through and we get a reading of wait for it????????289Ft\Sec WTF????? After all the crap you guys have put on me about Mathews Bows the penny has finally Dropped.Matt Macpherson I want to know were did the other 51 ft\sec Bloody Go????? I know this is set at 70# with a 30" draw but do the sums this is pure crap 340Ft\sec Matthews get your Hand off it???????????Never ever going to buy another Matthews Bow as long as my Butt points to the Ground!!!!What a bitter disapointment as I've got 2 of the things to sell now, I'm going back to Boomarang Throwing at this point!!!!!!Were's the Bird Icon here
    Last edited by Westy; 02-11-2012 at 06:26 AM.
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Default This is how I feel right now????

Thanks Mathews for making me feel like this right now?????

http://youtu.be/fW0J9G1Jz9A

Like a Jackass
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

that is one of the reasons i dont shoot mathews. i used to shoot pse and everyone i had hit their ibo and i dont even have to worry about my hoyt hitting ibo either. every hoyt i ever had hit its ibo also. i will guaranyee if hoyt says it will shoot 340 fps then it will do that plus 5 to 7 fps on the average. good luck in youre next bow purchase. but let me let you in on 1 important thing. (speed isnt everything)
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

I know exactly how you feel as myBear " Anarchy " did the same to me ( Let me down ).. I feel for ya Westy really I do, now you know why I want to get a HOYT..
    Wherever we go, there we are.

Quote Originally Posted by wilkersonhunter View Post
    that is one of the reasons i dont shoot mathews. i used to shoot pse and everyone i had hit their ibo and i dont even have to worry about my hoyt hitting ibo either. every hoyt i ever had hit its ibo also. i will guaranyee if hoyt says it will shoot 340 fps then it will do that plus 5 to 7 fps on the average. good luck in youre next bow purchase. but let me let you in on 1 important thing. (speed isnt everything)
    They say speed isn't everything and thanks to Mathews I now know this and comming last is no where!!!!!I find ranging distances to be very easy at most times ,as we have alot of trees in our shooting lanes.10yards ,20 yards,32yards give or take a yard .But if I were shooting in a open paddock then this up's the anti as I have nothing as a referance point to gauge my distances with!!!IMO

Wink Fact : an education don't come cheap !

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    They say speed isn't everything and thanks to Mathews I now know this and comming last is no where!!!!!I find ranging distances to be very easy at most times ,as we have alot of trees in our shooting lanes.10yards ,20 yards,32yards give or take a yard .But if I were shooting in a open paddock then this up's the anti as I have nothing as a referance point to gauge my distances with!!!IMO
    You are learning to wise up , grasshopper !

Maybe if you rant enough than Matt will feel for you and pay you the big bucks just to stay quiet about this !

It's a win win situation that way !

don't worry westy shoot the bow because you like it the speed doesn't matter that much i try not to get wrapped up in speed so i can shoot any bow i want just work on your yardage and accuracy to hell with the speed.
    and remember even though you shoot a Mathews we still love you

Red. PSE Supra ME
    Black. PSE Supra ME

Default todays the day

[QUOTE=shark3;311310]don't worry westy shoot the bow because you like it the speed doesn't matter that much i try not to get wrapped up in speed so i can shoot any bow i want just work on your yardage and accuracy to hell with the speed.
    and remember even though you shoot a Mathews we still love you QUOTE]

Yerr but i'm starting to hate myself!!!!!!I'm off to the support thread right now!!!!!Shot 364\400 today to win AHC we don't shoot the 11x so no 440 points system Why!!! So I feel my rangeing and shootings A.O.K Now just give me the speed will Yaaaaaahhh

Talking Inquiry mind wants to know !

Westy , you need to stay shooting with all those blind folks , as they 'll never know what they can't see !

You wil be loved and respected when you leap over from the dark side to the side that can see !

Get Serious , mate !

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    Westy , you need to stay shooting with all those blind folks , as they 'll never know what they can't see !

You wil be loved and respected when you leap over from the dark side to the side that can see !

Get Serious , mate !
    Sometimes Carpshooter Sometimes!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Sometimes Carpshooter Sometimes!!!!!!

POWWWW!!!! right to the moon

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    POWWWW!!!! right to the moon
    One of these Days Carpshooter,one of these Days!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shark3 View Post
    don't worry westy shoot the bow because you like it the speed doesn't matter that much i try not to get wrapped up in speed so i can shoot any bow i want just work on your yardage and accuracy to hell with the speed.
    and remember even though you shoot a Mathews we still love you
    The speed of your arrow doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.....you are correct.

But when I bow is said to shoot up to 340fps...and at his specs it should be in the 320fps range and it's in the 290fps. There is an issue. I paid for 320fps....I want what the bow is SAID to do. Mathews simply doesn't ever do that. They flat out over rate their bows.

There is a video on YouTube with a shop comparing the Vector 32, Carbon Element and the Helium. All three bows are rated at 330fps. All three bows were set on the same draw, lbs and they used the same arrow. The two Hoyts were within a couple fps of each other and the Helium was about 11fps slower.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    The speed of your arrow doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.....you are correct.

But when I bow is said to shoot up to 340fps...and at his specs it should be in the 320fps range and it's in the 290fps. There is an issue. I paid for 320fps....I want what the bow is SAID to do. Mathews simply doesn't ever do that. They flat out over rate their bows.

There is a video on YouTube with a shop comparing the Vector 32, Carbon Element and the Helium. All three bows are rated at 330fps. All three bows were set on the same draw, lbs and they used the same arrow. The two Hoyts were within a couple fps of each other and the Helium was about 11fps slower.....
    Yerr Hornet I know I've seen this clip and it breaks my heart!!!!!Do you think I could go them for false advertising????? As they say Live and Learn,one mate said I should have bought a 10 year old PSE and I'd still be streets ahead!!!I didn't belive him but things have changed!!!!How long till the Hoyt comes, not long at all now

Talking A little known fact !

I can remember them PSE G-Force bows and then the Baby G , they were the bows for speed about 15 years ago !

I still shot my Jennings Buckmaster and Hoyt Alphatec for speed and 3 D !

Default Well Bugger me again!!!!!!

My mate thats been teaching me to shoot or should,I say trying too just called and Let me know he's now ranked 13th in the world at that thing Gattor Does!!!!!!He just rolled up at my place and told me that he was now 13th after shooting a 300,300 and a 299 in Vegas The cool thing is he sux big time a 3d and judging distances so yours truely is going to hand hit a can of woopA$$$ in a fortnights time well here's hopeing Anyways!!!!Best thing is he just opened his own on line store and I've ordered a Hoyt Vector turbo Blackout with a .010 spot hogg hogg it on her with the QAD.Hdx rest and I'm not sure what stabilizer?????Might come on over in September and do a little 3D myself and see if I can't make 12th just to piss him off

ata boy westy go out and kick his son make him hate it

Red. PSE Supra ME
    Black. PSE Supra ME

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

just cronoed my matrix yesterday.

364 grain full bore
    28" draw
    61lbs 282fps.
    not bad for a 318fps bow.
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

Default Well Bugger me again!!!!!!

I'm here to say with cap in hand that after a heep of ajustments we now have the Mathews up to 305.25 Ft\Sec and i have to say shooting real fine!!!!This is going to be pensioned off to be my paper target bow and still very excited about the new Hoyt on the way for 3D!!!!Decided to use the Gt's 22Pro's for ammo in the turbo Vector so here's to waiting ,I hate that!!!!!

For what it is worth to you, me and the wifey weht to the pro shop yesterday, where they just happened to be tinkering with a new outta the box turbo, and can honestly say that had we not seen it we would not have believed it, 29" draw 701lbs, arrow weight , string loop and peep...3 shot string, fps was 346,348,350.
    The wife and I looked at one another she smiled and I about cried.
    The Anarchy will be for sale.
    Wherever we go, there we are.