You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Clinton, MO
    Posts
    54

    Default Inserts Glue for our Arrows

    Who makes the Best Glue? I purchase Insert Iron at Bass Pro! Anyone know if this is a Good Glue or not?

  2. #2
    Aussie Member Westy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cleveland Australia
    Posts
    8,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamps3 View Post
    Who makes the Best Glue? I purchase Insert Iron at Bass Pro! Anyone know if this is a Good Glue or not?
    Yep this stuff is A.O.K we use it all the time !!!!We have to keep it in the fridge down under though to stop it going off in the heat!!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.


  3. #3
    Guest Gator eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In the horn of Michigan
    Posts
    7,185

    Default

    I still like hot melt glue.

    It holds well and I can always pull the insert if I need to.

  4. #4
    Aussie Member Westy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cleveland Australia
    Posts
    8,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    I still like hot melt glue.

    It holds well and I can always pull the insert if I need to.
    Obviously you don't use the butts at my club
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.


  5. #5
    Senior Member longcut36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    3,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    I still like hot melt glue.

    It holds well and I can always pull the insert if I need to.

    what he said. never had a insert come out using hot melt.
    Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

    sent using my keyboard and two fingers

  6. #6
    In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    in gods country
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
    what he said. never had a insert come out using hot melt.
    have you ever shot a old mckenzie target in cold weather?
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

  7. #7
    Senior Member Renegade88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sanford NC
    Posts
    189

    Default

    I agree with Gator. I like hot melt the best. Although, I have had points pull out using all types of glue. I just chalk it up to operator error

  8. #8
    Guest Gator eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In the horn of Michigan
    Posts
    7,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wilkersonhunter View Post
    have you ever shot a old mckenzie target in cold weather?


    I live in Michigan.....what do you think.

    If you don't clean the inside of the arrow first you might loose one but I ve never had a problem and I ve shot 3d rounds in a blizzard where we had to wait for a break in the snow cause we couldn't see the white goat to make a shot.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Brown Hornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hornet's Nest
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Obviously you don't use the butts at my club
    Or maybe he just knows how to put points in....

    If you know what your doing hotmelt points aren't going to pull before anything else will. The last time I lost a point with hotmelt....never.

    I remember shooting a FITA match a few years ago, those matts are the worst. Everyone that was shooting was loosing points but me and two of my buddies that also use hotmelt.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Clinton, MO
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Got it. Hot melt and Insert Iron. Put in fridge to keep from going off. Good Ideas Thanks for the info!

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    Or maybe he just knows how to put points in....

    If you know what your doing hotmelt points aren't going to pull before anything else will. The last time I lost a point with hotmelt....never.

    I remember shooting a FITA match a few years ago, those matts are the worst. Everyone that was shooting was loosing points but me and two of my buddies that also use hotmelt.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with BH. I use to use epoxy and would have some inserts to pull out. I switched to low temp hot melt and never have inserts to pull out.
    Hoyt Bows, Shrewd sights, Carter index, Tru Ball hinge, Trophy Taker Rest, Doinker Stabilizers, Carbon Express XJ 27's, Vapor Trail Strings, Nikon Binos.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Clinton, MO
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt1945 View Post
    I agree with BH. I use to use epoxy and would have some inserts to pull out. I switched to low temp hot melt and never have inserts to pull out.

    Where can you buy Low Temp Hot Melt at? I have access to Cabelas and Bass Pro. I dont remember seeing Hot Melt at Bass Pro though. Or is there some online place to get a good deal at?

  13. #13
    Senior Member Renegade88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sanford NC
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamps3 View Post
    Where can you buy Low Temp Hot Melt at? I have access to Cabelas and Bass Pro. I dont remember seeing Hot Melt at Bass Pro though. Or is there some online place to get a good deal at?
    Here you go........ http://www.basspro.com/Bohning-Ferr-...0212209/145840

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Clinton, MO
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade88 View Post
    After reading the reviews on Bass Pro website I dont know if this insert glue is going to work in Hot weather. Seems they start trying to come out when it is near a hundred degrees. As you well know last summer it got over a hundred several times here in Missouri. Thank You for the link on the Bass Pro website Renegade88.

    Respectfully, Rickey

Similar Threads

  1. changing the inserts on McKenzie XT inserts???
    By McCann in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 05:42 PM
  2. Gorilla Glue for inserts
    By arrowum in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 07:19 AM
  3. How to cut arrows and best glue?
    By newmission in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 08:16 PM
  4. Remove glue from carbon arrows
    By bhamfowler in forum Beginners Archery Range
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 10:50 AM
  5. Which glue for fletching wood arrows?
    By Chris in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 08:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •