You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Sometime when I have more time I'll tell you the story of West-T first bow hunt.
    Yerr Yerr I'll get you yet!!!!! your a skinny bugger and man your fast but I've mounted a secret tree stand on your running trail,see you at 5.00 am tommorow?????
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by jwelectric View Post
    I have never lost a tip either.

I will use an ax, hammer and chisel, pocket knife or whatever I have available to dig that tip out of that tree or root or whatever my “dead eye” was aiming at when I busted my arrow.

I also use hot glue to hold in my inserts or should I say my bow shop does. I haven’t been able to keep an arrow long enough to reinstall anything.

By the way, how do you all keep those trees from jumping in front of your arrows? I declare I had a pine tree root jump up out of the ground to catch a brand new carbon express 250 last week.
    I started shooting in the barn but the walls seem to move inward every time I shoot. I haven’t figured out how the trusses dip down to catch my arrow without hitting me in the head.

There must be something I am doing wrong but I just can’t figure out what. My grandson tells me I need to keep my eyes open but I just can stand to watch that high dollar arrow get caught by something like they seem to be doing so I just don’t watch.

Looks like I need to start carrying a knife to dig out some of the arrows my son and I put into them there trees. My son even bounces them off 2 at a time by ricocheting them. Was COOL to watch not so good on the arrow. Broke the knock end on 2 of my arrows doing that. So now how do I fix it with out cutting the arrow shorter and getting into the fletching? Just use insert glue and glue the knock in there?

Respectfully, Rickey

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    Or maybe he just knows how to put points in....

If you know what your doing hotmelt points aren't going to pull before anything else will. The last time I lost a point with hotmelt....never.

I remember shooting a FITA match a few years ago, those matts are the worst. Everyone that was shooting was loosing points but me and two of my buddies that also use hotmelt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with BH. I use to use epoxy and would have some inserts to pull out. I switched to low temp hot melt and never have inserts to pull out.
    Hoyt Bows, Shrewd sights, Carter index, Tru Ball hinge, Trophy Taker Rest, Doinker Stabilizers, Carbon Express XJ 27's, Vapor Trail Strings, Nikon Binos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt1945 View Post
    I agree with BH. I use to use epoxy and would have some inserts to pull out. I switched to low temp hot melt and never have inserts to pull out.

Where can you buy Low Temp Hot Melt at? I have access to Cabelas and Bass Pro. I dont remember seeing Hot Melt at Bass Pro though. Or is there some online place to get a good deal at?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamps3 View Post
    Where can you buy Low Temp Hot Melt at? I have access to Cabelas and Bass Pro. I dont remember seeing Hot Melt at Bass Pro though. Or is there some online place to get a good deal at?
    Here you go........ http://www.basspro.com/Bohning-Ferr-...0212209/145840

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade88 View Post
    After reading the reviews on Bass Pro website I dont know if this insert glue is going to work in Hot weather. Seems they start trying to come out when it is near a hundred degrees. As you well know last summer it got over a hundred several times here in Missouri. Thank You for the link on the Bass Pro website Renegade88.

Respectfully, Rickey

You're very welcome.
    Rob L

Quote Originally Posted by Lamps3 View Post
    After reading the reviews on Bass Pro website I dont know if this insert glue is going to work in Hot weather. Seems they start trying to come out when it is near a hundred degrees. As you well know last summer it got over a hundred several times here in Missouri. Thank You for the link on the Bass Pro website Renegade88.

Respectfully, Rickey
    As the king of hot weather nothing to be over 100deg in summer here we use anything except hot melt glues!!!Might be great in Michigan or iowa but it's as useless as well????? Here in the hard lands of Australia!!!!! Use the iron insert glue and live with the loss of a few tips !!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    As the king of hot weather nothing to be over 100deg in summer here we use anything except hot melt glues!!!Might be great in Michigan or iowa but it's as useless as well????? Here in the hard lands of Australia!!!!! Use the iron insert glue and live with the loss of a few tips !!!!
    Nice to hear from you guys down in Australia. Went there when I was in the US Navy many years ago. Visited Perth and Fremantle. I will go with the Insert Iron glue as you suggest. Thanks for the Information!

Respectfully, Rickey

Default sticky stuff

Hi Guys, I am relatively new to the sport but do shoot 3x wkly.=600-700 arrows wkly. The only times I had to remove an insert (with heat) was when I passed through a shot up area of the backstop and hit the concrete block wall behind it. Cut off an inch of shaft,I left the arrow a little long from the start, clean the inside and re glue insert. Super Glue! Is there some reason I shouldn't be using this $1.00 a tube product?