You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Need a little bit of info..

Hello from middle tennessee. My daughter asked me a few days ago about trying out archery and i said i would try to find a good used bow. Ok i was at a pawn shop yesterday and ran across a High Country supreme. I have found out it is a older model. Everything seems ok so i bought it.. When we got it home i found out she cant draw it back. So i found out i can adj some of the tesion but it is not enough. It is a nice bow and i will probely keep it and try useing it for myself but i cant figuar out what size arrows to use for it.. also i need to find a bow that is not exspensive but not walmart junk eather. My daughter is 13 years old and she is tall for her size about 5ft 3 or so.. any ideas on what kind of bow to get??? Also i have tried to find info on this bow and i cant find anything on this model.. I know High country are a good brand of bows i have heard of them and u use to work right down the road from them.. But i cant find any info on this bow and the serial nimber sticker is worn off.. Any help would be very helpfull... Thanks

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

High Country's were good bows; my nephew shot one. Unfortunately, they are out of business. I suggest you get to a Pro shop get your (and her's) draw length measured and let them help you get the proper arrow length and spine. My daughter started out with a RangerIII, which would work for her; however the Diamond Razor Edge would get a serious look from me were I doing it today.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

You could probably find the information on the bow here http://highcountryarchery.net/ Good luck!

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Hmm above said cousin told me they were out of business......not!
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Richard Battendorf I believe was the man behind High Country back then. I think you could get ahold of him through archerytalk if you really had to. He might be involved with Winchester's archery line now. I'm reaching here, but I think I got this right.
    I would second a visit to a pro shop if at all possible. They may be familiar with your High Country but would deffinately help with your daughters situation. Also that Diamond, tons of adjustment on that one.
    Last edited by red44; 02-25-2012 at 11:39 PM.
    FBSA Member

Well we went to local archery shop (Taylor's Archery) In Tullahoma Tenn. and he set my daughter up with a Dimond Razor edge. He also done a little work on that old High Country supreme and installed a wisker biscuit then he hooked me and my daughter with trigger release. We wound up keeping him and his wife about 2 and a 1/2 hours over there closeing time.. I told him i was sorry but he said that was what he enjoyed doing... They are some very nice people.. Also found out his little sister went to school with my wife in Lynchburg Tn.. I will be going back very enjoying trip...I found my bow shop..... Anyway thanks for the help Boonie..