You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Scent free & sittin High vortec 1's Avatar

Default I look at it like this

If he cant' jump the fence than it's a pet. If the habitat is controled than the Rack is un natural.These bucks should not be allowed in BnC. JMO
    HIGH COUNTRY SPEED PRO X10 "SPEED KILLS",HHA site,Carbon force Mayhem/Easton Fat Boy Arrows,Alpine quiver,TM hunter and Swhacker Broadheads.

Quote Originally Posted by wilkersonhunter View Post
    I'll put my 2 cents in this one. well, i think it has a lot to do with the size of the ranch. Imo and only my opinion is that if the ranch is over 1000 acres or bigger it really doesnt matter cause a deer is a master at hiding from any predator. Most people make the misconception that if a ranch has a fence its some sort of a advantage. and that might be true to a certain extent but like i said before, take a mature deer and put it in a 1000 fenced in acres and see how long it takes the average hunter to kill it.

So size really does matter...... I knew she was lyin

Quote Originally Posted by vortec 1 View Post
    If he cant' jump the fence than it's a pet. If the habitat is controled than the Rack is un natural.These bucks should not be allowed in BnC. JMO

I agree with this.........if the deer is fed or are raised or bred for size, horns, or with any type of human interferance it is a penned animal and shouldn't count in any book.

Talking A little known fact !

I was at the Iowa State fair last year and could of shot this trophey elk !

I really wanted to shoot this critter and be the best hunter here , no doubt about that , just look at this beast !

But beings the ethical hunter that I am , I passed !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1163.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	152.7 KB 
ID:	25211 - t3h 3d shoots   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1164.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	155.8 KB 
ID:	25212 - t3h 3d shoots   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1165.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	25213 - t3h 3d shoots  

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    I was at the Iowa State fair last year and could of shot this trophey elk !

I really wanted to shoot this critter and be the best hunter here , no doubt about that , just look at this beast !

But beings the ethical hunter that I am , I passed !
    Did they have a cat show at the state fair????We don't call our state fair that it's known as the Ekka!!!!Short for exibition fair
    Last edited by Westy; 03-31-2012 at 04:03 AM.
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Talking Here's what I think !

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Did they have a cat show at the state fair????We don't call our state fair that it's known as the Ekka!!!!Short for exibition fair
    I'm sure they did , as you Aussies need somewhere to check out your next tropheys !

Talking Alittle known fact !

Guess I should of shot that elk and made the papers , as by now I'd be in some nuthouse !

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    Guess I should of shot that elk and made the papers , as by now I'd be in some nuthouse !

Oh you mean your not the Carpshooter from Happy Meadows Asylum????Could have fooled me???
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Talking A little known fact !

Oh you mean your not the Carpshooter from Happy Meadows Asylum????Could have fooled me???
    That's the place for all the cat & dog shooters go !

It's full of Aussies !

First off, I've done 95+% of my 55 bowhunting years DIY, Public access so I KNOW about fair chase. 10 years ago I researched High Fence Hunting & after a year, decided to try it. My 1st Bowhunt was on a little over 1000 acre fenced ranch. Having lived in GREAT Whitetail country all my life I was & am not interested in shooting a Whitetail in a HF. I WAS & AM interested in Bowhunting animals not native to the US & places where I cannot afford to hunt them in their native land. My main reason going HF was I could do it in the off season when Deer, Turkey & other North American Biggame seasons are closed & I could be in the field hunting more. 2nd, was the thought of chasing an animal normally out of my reach $$$ wise. I chose to hunt places called day lease, where you pay a flat fee for x number of days to hunt, with lodging but no additional fees IF you kill something. They do not guarantee you to even get a shot, just hunting of their land. I have Bowhunted 1000, 1200 & 4000 acre ranches & enjoyed each & every hunt. NO, I have not killed something on every hunt as many seem to think you will. I've also hunted Hogs on several of these places & a few others that are exclusive hog operations & a couple Hog places are only 500 acres (low fence). No matter, Hogs don't stay anyplace they don't want to & since the fences are NOT BURIED, they can leave anytime.
    I know many would NEVER consider tainting their I AM ONLY A FAIR CHASE hunter with a HF but IF some of these hunters would try it, I think they would find it to be very enjoyable. BUT, I know that ain't gonna happen. What I have found is many of those SAME hunters are placing attractants, food plots, food sources JUST to draw animals into a shooting are. EVEN in states where it is ILLIGAL. The reply is (mostly), Oh, I don't hunt by them, they are just to get trail cam pics for my HIT LIST. Thats a new Bowhunting term that was not around my 1st 45 years of Bowhunting.
    I've NEVER gun hunted a biggame animal BUT take my hat off to those who are successful, same as the crossbow hunters. As I've said, I've been fortunate to have hunted soooo many Biggame animals most will only dream of. Example, I've been on about 30 Elk & Mule deer Bowhunts (2 guided), 15 Black Bear (6 guided by law), 2 Caribou (guided by law), Whitetail in 13 States-all DIY, Public land but 1 & a ton of other DIY Bowhunts for various animals. No, I would not hunt the put & take trophy fee places-that is a guarantee shoot/kill. Anyway, it's an argument that will never be solved but yes, (my opinion) there is a place for it. Check out my album & you'll see I have been blessed with great Bowhunting success (If you call a kill success). Lots of public land & DIY for sure.. I did my 1st ever DIY, puClick image for larger version. 

Name:	MenGoatresize.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	25595

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0017.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	25596

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BigFallow.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	146.2 KB 
ID:	25597blic land Antelope Bowhunt in 2010 at age 68..

High fence is cheating. Like shooting fish in a barrel in my eyes.

You know that High Fence hunting has been going on for 1000's of years!!!!!!Look what the ancent chinese built to keep the Rabbits out!!!!!

http://youtu.be/DvlWQyvEI38

see we Australians have a answer for everything!!!!!

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeerHunter55 View Post
    High fence is cheating. Like shooting fish in a barrel in my eyes.
    Have you ever hunted high fence? I went to a ranch in Tennessee to hunt some wild hogs a couple years ago and it was 2000 plus acres and it took me the better part of the weekend to kill a nice boar. Go hunt a mature whitetail and let me know if its like shooting fish in a barrel.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

Quote Originally Posted by red44 View Post
    I'm currently involved in discussion on the other site on this. How do you guys feel about it? IMO if there's a fence, it aint right to call it hunting. But I only own a few acres.
    Does size matter? A fence is a fence. If it does'nt, why not just remove the fence?
    My take is hunting is hunting ,as long as it's legal then it's fine by me.There is enough bad press against hunter's we dont need to fight among ourself's about what is right.
    Do whats legal have fun and get a huntin.............

I just read this and can't belive I'm really this funny!!!Nice Work Westy