You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Bowtech Assasin , what do you think about them ? !

I was at my local WRAC indoor shoot today , had over 50 shooters , but talking to other members there and things have changed some !

Many have brought Bowtech Assasin bows , when they were Hoyt and Martin shooters so far . They like the price , feel , grip , and lack of vibration that this bow offers ! None of them shoot my draw length and I never shot one , but will soon , when I can !

This is a package bow for under $600 , which makes it affordable to folks such as me , some of my fellow members can afford whatever they want !

What are your thoughts on this bow ?

I havent shot one but it looks like an updated Tribute from a few years ago with a little more speed. for a treestand or groundblind bow it looks pretty sweet and the price is right too

It is a very nice bow for the price. My son shoots the SD and he loves it.
    Proudly representing BowTech, Oak Ridge Archery, Vaportrail, Gold Tip, Dead Center Archery Products and CNC slings for the 2012 season

I hear that it's a great bow. I havent shot one personally. Is that also one of BowTech's "RAK" setups? Ie: comes w/ sight, rest, etc...
    We can't stop here!!! This is Bat Country!!!

guy i work with just got one they are very nice feels real good i'd say it is worth a look IMO and you can't beat the price.

Red. PSE Supra ME
    Black. PSE Supra ME

It is a very nice bow, quick, draw isn't bad, and very inexpensive. That said, I wouldn't buy one for me as I would wind up throwing the sight, rest, and stabilizer in the trash. They aren't especially BAD items, but there are better and I own much better.

That said, if the draw and shot feels good to you, it is well worth more than what it sells for.

Quote Originally Posted by tedlebo View Post
    It is a very nice bow, quick, draw isn't bad, and very inexpensive. That said, I wouldn't buy one for me as I would wind up throwing the sight, rest, and stabilizer in the trash. They aren't especially BAD items, but there are better and I own much better.

That said, if the draw and shot feels good to you, it is well worth more than what it sells for.
    Archery it's 80% mental and about 20% pure skill, good thing I'm Mental then!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Archery it's 80% mental and about 20% pure skill, good thing I'm Mental then!!!
    speaking of mental, want to see my army shrink's report on me????

Talking A little known fact !

For all you mental folks , my town's hospital has got the place for you to find yourself and you get to make that 30 minute Casey snack run everyday , weather permitting !

If I spot you , I'll wave to you mental folks !

Last edited by Carpshooter; 03-12-2012 at 08:57 PM. Reason: spelling and looking a second time

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    For all you mental folks , my town's hospital has got the place for you to find yourself and you get to make that 30 minute Casey snack run everyday , weather permitting !

If I spot you , I'll wave to you mental folks !

You'll have to move to eastern Pa. to do it, Carpy, but I'll wave back.

Let me start bu sayin i have shot bowtech eclusively for several years, but. In my opinion i would not buy an assassin , my sons is one of the loudest bows i have ever come in contact with. The bow shoots good and is quick, just loud. I have had it back to the dealer & can find nothing wrong, it is a problem with the new bowtechs. Also the r.a.k equipment is low quality & not worth the $

Quote Originally Posted by whtpny4 View Post
    Let me start bu sayin i have shot bowtech eclusively for several years, but. In my opinion i would not buy an assassin , my sons is one of the loudest bows i have ever come in contact with. The bow shoots good and is quick, just loud. I have had it back to the dealer & can find nothing wrong, it is a problem with the new bowtechs. Also the r.a.k equipment is low quality & not worth the $
    Are you sure it's a Bowtech and not a Mc pherson your sons shooting?????
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Talking Here's what I think !

Three of my Archery club member were shooting their new Bowtech Assasin bows while next to each other at the last indoor 3D Sunday , and all were quiet !

I got to try one no doubt as none shoot a 30 inch draw !

Quote Originally Posted by whtpny4 View Post

If it is very noisy, there is a problem. A loose screw somewhere would be my first guess, especially on the draw modules. Tuning issues can cause noise, also. Of the Assassins I have seen, they are a very quiet bow. My dealer sells a lot of them without issue. As for the RAK equipment, yeah they are on the cheap side. But for someone on a tight budget who is just getting started they will do the job.

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    I havent shot one but it looks like an updated Tribute from a few years ago with a little more speed. for a treestand or groundblind bow it looks pretty sweet and the price is right too
    Bingo! thats what it can be compared to. its a great little bow for the money.
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

It'll be a couple of years untill we see one of these down here Bowtech Down under

sold a bunch of them and they all seem to like them the only thing is once in a while if you dont check them the cable rod can come loose .

Talking Inquiry mind wants to know !

Just had to know what everyone here thinks of them , as this bow package is affordable and from what I've seen among three shooters using and owning them , that this bow is doing just fine for 3D !

I'm no Bowtech fan yet , but that is subject to change !

Just had to know what everyone here thinks of them , as this bow package is affordable and from what I've seen among three shooters using and owning them , that this bow is doing just fine for 3D !

TWO WORDSFirst wordTURN Second word COAT

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

and all this time I thought we were friends