You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 3d Open Shooters: $1000.00 1st place, IL,IN,MO,KY Etc. Would you come??

Hey Friends, my name is Erik Sullens, I am one of the guys who helps run The South Central High School Archery Club, Forbes State Park, Kinmundy, IL.

My question is simple, if this was to happen, would you come and take your best shot?

1 class: Open Entry fee $50.00

1st place prize $1000.00

2nd place $500.00

3rd place $250.00

I want your honest opinions. Do you think we could get 50 + shooters to come and play? We would need at least 50 shooters to make this happen. If we could get more maybe we could even pay down a few more slots.

Would it bother you if you shoot against some pros and semi pros? I myself would love to see where I stand against them. This would be a chance to maybe even shoot in the same group as them, just like your a pro on the national circuit.

This would be a one day deal. You wouldn't have to waste the entire weekend away on it but we have a great campground close by if you do want to make a weekend out of it.

With guaranteed money on the line we would need to have some type of pre entry where it would be $25.00 sent in advance and the other $25.00 paid at the shoot.

Would you want a speed limit? Would you want to shoot center 12 or low 12?

Again the main question I have is would you play???

Check us out @ www.southcentralarchery.com or LIKE us on Facebook South Central Archery Club

Thanks,

Erik Sullens

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ES21 View Post
    Hey Friends, my name is Erik Sullens, I am one of the guys who helps run The South Central High School Archery Club, Forbes State Park, Kinmundy, IL.

My question is simple, if this was to happen, would you come and take your best shot?

1 class: Open Entry fee $50.00

1st place prize $1000.00

2nd place $500.00

3rd place $250.00

I want your honest opinions. Do you think we could get 50 + shooters to come and play? We would need at least 50 shooters to make this happen. If we could get more maybe we could even pay down a few more slots.

Would it bother you if you shoot against some pros and semi pros? I myself would love to see where I stand against them. This would be a chance to maybe even shoot in the same group as them, just like your a pro on the national circuit.

This would be a one day deal. You wouldn't have to waste the entire weekend away on it but we have a great campground close by if you do want to make a weekend out of it.

With guaranteed money on the line we would need to have some type of pre entry where it would be $25.00 sent in advance and the other $25.00 paid at the shoot.

Would you want a speed limit? Would you want to shoot center 12 or low 12?

Again the main question I have is would you play???

Check us out @ www.southcentralarchery.com or LIKE us on Facebook South Central Archery Club

Thanks,

Erik Sullens
    i would love to do this but there is one big problem, leave out the pro's and semi pro's. if i want to see how i stack up against them then i will go to a local asa shoot such as the one in london ky.
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

Quote Originally Posted by wilkersonhunter View Post
    i would love to do this but there is one big problem, leave out the pro's and semi pro's. if i want to see how i stack up against them then i will go to a local asa shoot such as the one in london ky.
    I'm with Wilko on this one,why would I want to embarrass the Pro's and semi Pro's and hurt their feelings by taking the cash home with me????
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

I heard this on AT that this shoot was a scam. Because people never did get there prize money they won. But I don't know if that was true or not.
    Snake Creek Mafia
    2012 Elite Answer
    TRU-BALL shooting staff Bernies Control Freak Staff
    Part of the UnBannable Crew on AT You Cant Catch Me.

Not a scam buddy because it has never happened yet. I just posted this today to start getting some feeback.

I have to find out if I could get the 50 shooters + thats all.

we just want to start having bigger and better shoots and thought this would raise some eyebrows.

I go by the same name on archerytalk and have been a member there since 2004.

I am just a die hard 3d shooter with a passion for 3d. Our archery club is South Central high school archery club. We have after school stuff for the high school kids. They help a ton with the set up and tear down at the 3d shoots.

check us out on facebook South Central Archery Club

we have a big team shoot next month and if you look around on here you will see where i have posted several other shoots.

Hope this helps later friends

That won't tell you how you stack up because you will not shoot the same course as them. This is a chance to really see. Even better a chance to shoot a round with one of them.

Please keep the feedback coming friends, This is legit!

That won't tell you how you stack up because you will not shoot the same course as them. This is a chance to really see. Even better a chance to shoot a round with one of them.
    so, there will be a different payout for each class?
    truball shooting staff

Talking Here's what I think !

Westy , I'll fire up the Pontiac and pick you up for this one , as we'll need that fast running car to race away with all the winnings , also if we fail to place , we might want to leave real quick anyway ! .............

There are some shooters here in westcentral Iowa , who would do that , but I'm not one of them really !

Wish you well trying to do this !

I would shoot in it for sure........with or with the pros doesnt matter. I have spent more money on less. Let me know when

i just dont think it would be fair to be shooting against a pro if youre not at their skill level.that would be like me going to the cub class.
    truball shooting staff

I for one would like the opportunity to shoot against a pro..not saying I would beat them, just would like to see how bad or not they beat me. Now thats measurement. How do you know whos winning if your not keeping score.

I would come . Speed limit and low 12's no center 12 and a speed limit makes you be on with your yardage. Sounds like a good shoot hope it works out.
    Bowtech Pro Staff
    Vaportrail Pro Staff
    Tru ball Pro staff

Quote Originally Posted by Z7lonewolf View Post
    I for one would like the opportunity to shoot against a pro..not saying I would beat them, just would like to see how bad or not they beat me. Now thats measurement. How do you know whos winning if your not keeping score.
    That is how I feel! I just want to see.

Also, the chance to shoot an entire round with a pro would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunterkdc View Post
    I would come . Speed limit and low 12's no center 12 and a speed limit makes you be on with your yardage. Sounds like a good shoot hope it works out.
    Do you think if we go with all ASA rules, can we still draw some IBO guys also?

What about Low 12's, 50 yd max and no speed limit? Still have to be on your yardage. Just a thought.

Thanks to everyone for their input. keep it coming!

i just dont think it would be fair to be shooting against a pro if youre not at their skill level.that would be like me going to the cub class.
    This is why I'm asking before we make it happen. Thanks friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Z7lonewolf View Post
    I would shoot in it for sure........with or with the pros doesnt matter. I have spent more money on less. Let me know when
    Will let you know. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    Westy , I'll fire up the Pontiac and pick you up for this one , as we'll need that fast running car to race away with all the winnings , also if we fail to place , we might want to leave real quick anyway !

There are some shooters here in westcentral Iowa , who would do that , but I'm not one of them really !

Wish you well trying to do this !
    I wouldn't want to take their money as you and i know it wouldn't even pay for the gas!!!!! Would there be a wildcard entry into this ,say like in tennis???? I may have to polish up my Queens English when I except the trophy at the end of the day!!!There will be a trophy right???? When the moneys spent were are the bragging rights???
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I wouldn't want to take their money as you and i know it wouldn't even pay for the gas!!!!! Would there be a wildcard entry into this ,say like in tennis???? I may have to polish up my Queens English when I except the trophy at the end of the day!!!There will be a trophy right???? When the moneys spent were are the bragging rights???
    A wild card entry is an awesome Idea. I personally love the trophies but dont know. Polish up the english and come on up Westy!

thanks

Do you think if we go with all ASA rules, can we still draw some IBO guys also?

What about Low 12's, 50 yd max and no speed limit? Still have to be on your yardage. Just a thought.

Thanks to everyone for their input. keep it coming!
    Gotta have a speed limit. keep everyone on a level field.

On the right weekend I would show up.