You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Gotta have a speed limit. keep everyone on a level field.

On the right weekend I would show up.
    I finally agree with the eye!!!310\ fps is a nice speed limit 280\fps is way to slow
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Need the speed limit to keep it fair but I'm sure with the ASA rules you would still draw IBO shooters.
    Bowtech Pro Staff
    Vaportrail Pro Staff
    Tru ball Pro staff

I agree that you would need a speed limit. I would like the low 12 myself. I traveled to there trophy shoot last year and had a great time, great bunch of people. I would go in heart beat.
    Hoyt Maxxis 31,QAD HD ,G5 ME sight ,Vibracheck stabilizer
    Hoyt Maxxis 35, QAD HDX, Black Gold slider, B-Stinger
    Hoyt Maxxis 35, QAD HD ,B-stinger. Armortech sight

the majority so far has ruled for a speed limit so that will be set.

thanks guys for your help, keep it coming.

Tuckerman9, if I can make it happen I hope to see you there.

Money shoots are fun, but the problem I have always seen when trying to organize them is that there are more Average Joes shooting than Pro Moes.

$50 is more money than a Average Joe spends all month on shooting 3D...Without knowing more about the event on Sponsors, hosting, total rules and cause of the shoot - it is hard to determine if I was within 100 miles of the event, if I would participate. ---- Just my 3 cents worth

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
    Money shoots are fun, but the problem I have always seen when trying to organize them is that there are more Average Joes shooting than Pro Moes.

$50 is more money than a Average Joe spends all month on shooting 3D...Without knowing more about the event on Sponsors, hosting, total rules and cause of the shoot - it is hard to determine if I was within 100 miles of the event, if I would participate. ---- Just my 3 cents worth
    i will agree also.
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

I love archery,and I watch the golf is there a differance????Yes players in golf get 1 plus million to win a tournerment and we get a sticker and a 3 doller trophy????Why?????Mind set and a vision of the big picture,we have a thread on how much a new bow costs but what are the manufactures giving back to the sport in return????Lets be honest golf is the most boring sport on the planet and yet how many guys here have a set of clubs in there Basement!!!!!Does Tiger woods have a Mathews in his,I don't think so!If this sport and it is a sport was much more widely promoted and the rewards equaled the effort this sport would be rating off the scale!!!So I say good for you ES21 for wanting to do something positive for our sport and make it happen,and guys look at the positives in this comp and not the negitives!!!Here's my 25cents worth
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I finally agree with the eye!!!310\ fps is a nice speed limit 280\fps is way to slow
    I have heard this from more than one person!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post

When this is finally set in stone those answers will all be on the flyer/ad. That was great input my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I love archery,and I watch the golf is there a differance????Yes players in golf get 1 plus million to win a tournerment and we get a sticker and a 3 doller trophy????Why?????Mind set and a vision of the big picture,we have a thread on how much a new bow costs but what are the manufactures giving back to the sport in return????Lets be honest golf is the most boring sport on the planet and yet how many guys here have a set of clubs in there Basement!!!!!Does Tiger woods have a Mathews in his,I don't think so!If this sport and it is a sport was much more widely promoted and the rewards equaled the effort this sport would be rating off the scale!!!So I say good for you ES21 for wanting to do something positive for our sport and make it happen,and guys look at the positives in this comp and not the negitives!!!Here's my 25cents worth
    Thank you so much. I hope everyone understands that we are a not for profit club. This is the south central high school archery club. All proceeds go directly back into the club. We have after school events along with are monthly shoots. We just want to give the kids better archery/bowhunting skills. Something different than the ball sports.

I'm a die hard 3d guy. I have always dreamed of being able to offer a tournament with a higher prize. I'm really hoping we can make this happen.

Thanks again Westy!!

For those that don't know, We are having Our Team challenge April 21st. 1 student and 1 adult make the team. best arrow scores and a shoot off at the end. Kids love trophies and we have some really nice ones we are giving away. This shoot is for the kids.

Have a good day friends!

I know of alot of Average Joes that shoot somewhere every weekend. The average distance to the money Pro-Ams we attend is between 4 1/2 hrs to 17hr drive but its worth it. If the moneys there you'll get more shooters.
    Good luck
    Bowtech Pro Staff
    Vaportrail Pro Staff
    Tru ball Pro staff

I would recommend looking at the No Bull 1000 Shoot in Kansas for an example of what a good money shoot can bring in, even in an area that isn't as 3D heavy as where you are. I've heard alot of great things about it and it can pull shooters from a long ways away.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermag View Post
    I would recommend looking at the No Bull 1000 Shoot in Kansas for an example of what a good money shoot can bring in, even in an area that isn't as 3D heavy as where you are. I've heard alot of great things about it and it can pull shooters from a long ways away.
    Thanks, I will look into it!

I appreciate everyone's advice and idea's on this.

Right now, my biggest concern is South Central Archery gets one chance to make a first impression! We want it to be a great one! Worth every penny!

We know we cannot please everyone. That is not going to keep us from trying.

I have heard from more than 1 person that they want Mckenzies to shoot. Right now, our club is a 50/50 mix. Our targets are in excellent shape. 8 are brand new. This is one of the many issues we will be discussing.

Very soon we will have an update for all of you.

Please, keep the ideas coming.

The shooters are the ones who will make this work!!!

Thanks again,

Erik Sullens

oushot1to

I would have to say that if I would shoot in something like this I would want a non-shooting person to keep score for everyone. I see way too many people making there scores better than they should be.
    Athens factory Staff Shooter.
    omega rest
    Rage broadheads
    Gold tip arrows
    Stans release

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea111 View Post
    I would have to say that if I would shoot in something like this I would want a non-shooting person to keep score for everyone. I see way too many people making there scores better than they should be.
    You mean like the Cheating Archers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea111 View Post
    We will use double score cards. Two people per group keeping score. We will be busting groups of shooters who ride together also, this way everyone makes new friends

Eric you know the Wife and I would come and Play. Sounds fun.

2012 Bow Tech Pro Staff
    Sword Pro Staff Vane Tech Pro Staff
    Gold Tip Factory Staff Coffey marketing
    A.S.A. IL. State Director

Quote Originally Posted by CSS Shooter View Post
    Eric you know the Wife and I would come and Play. Sounds fun.
    Great to hear Chuck, Thanks!!!!!

Day By Day

I would come. I think ASA rules would be great only scoring the low 12. Great warm up for Augusta the following weekend.