You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you are having a custom string ordered remember a few things.

1. A good string builder will have a bunch of different style nocks. Let him know what style of nock you are using and he will set your center serving to that style nock.

2. Also length of center serving, it makes a difference in the length. I prefer a shorter center serving. Standard use to be 7" but it has changed over the years to 5"

Here is one of my nock tools I made.Strings and Cables - General Archery Forum

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    NEED A STRING OR A SLING? PM OR EMAIL US @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    Check us out at bowstringdepot.com Now Open

Talking Here's what I think !

Hutch , want to thankyou for the information on " Strings and Cables " !

Feel free to add more and educate some of us , as I have rarely replaced mine , as I unlike some ( Westy comes to mind ) don't buy a bow every half of year or less !

I will look at my strings more , as I do wax 'em !

Nothing wrong with teaching us , I feel !

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    Hutch , want to thankyou for the information on " Strings and Cables " !

Feel free to add more and educate some of us , as I have rarely replaced mine , as I unlike some ( Westy comes to mind ) don't buy a bow every half of year or less !

I will look at my strings more , as I do wax 'em !

Nothing wrong with teaching us , I feel !
    Sure thing! But the hug thing is out as long as Westy is around. He me!! jk Westy

Hutch

A good set of strings if kept waxed don't really need to be changed as often as most people change them or think they need to change them with todays materials.

I usually change mine more because I want new colors then anything. I took a set off my Katera this winter that I had on for 2 full seasons. That includes practice, shooting field for two seasons and one indoor season. They didn't "need" to be changed but I wanted a different color. I still actually have them on my other Katera

The most miss information is creep and stretch. They are not I repeat not the same.
    Creep is when the fibers start separating. This is when the fibers that are woven together start breaking down. Thus pulling apart and causing fuzzing and could cause premature breakage. This can change and vary by the material you use. Some materials have no creep.

Stretchis when all the strands of a string pull equally together to their maximum length. Thus why they call it stretch. A good string maker avoids this by building with constant tension on each strand. Then pre stretching it to cause all to stretch to the same length. Thus no peep rotation.

Hutch

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    The most miss information is creep and stretch. They are not I repeat not the same.
    Creep is when the fibers start separating. This is when the fibers that are woven together start breaking down. Thus pulling apart and causing fuzzing and could cause premature breakage. This can change and vary by the material you use. Some materials have no creep.

Stretchis when all the strands of a string pull equally together to their maximum length. Thus why they call it stretch. A good string maker avoids this by building with constant tension on each strand. Then pre stretching it to cause all to stretch to the same length. Thus no peep rotation.

Hutch
    Don't worry hutch it's only me!!!Thats some good information here,i know I learned a little more for reading it!!!!Do you think you could send this over to the boys at zebra strings as It would appear no one has told them as the peep rotation on there strings is awefull

Thanks Again Hutch
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Don't worry hutch it's only me!!!Thats some good information here,i know I learned a little more for reading it!!!!Do you think you could send this over to the boys at zebra strings as It would appear no one has told them as the peep rotation on there strings is awefull

Thanks Again Hutch
    Your welcome Westy. Zebra strings are made quite different and have as long as I have known had some peep rotation. Do to the fact they twist half of the strands one way and the other half the other. Then they twist them together. If I remember right that is the way they do them. Their site says that it is a patent system which reduces peep rotation. A good string builder eliminates peep rotation

Hutch