You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by wilkersonhunter View Post
    start by just eye balling the string down the center of the riser. then put the rest at that position. if its not shooting a bullett hole through paper then, start by checking cam lean with a straight edge on the side of the top cam. there should be a small gap between the string and the straight edge on both sides of the top cam. if not, adjust accordingly. oh, and if you have the rubber grip on the bow then i highly suggest you take that one off cause its very possible you are torquing the bow. Good luck mate
    GiDay Wilco what do you recomend then for the grip????That could be the problem right there!!!!I noticed the other day when shootin this element it felt like I was torqing the bow,did the riser trick with a arrow in the rest and was wondering why i was still getting a tear like this????Checked the cams and no lean,so it looks like a case of operator malfunction It's the first time I've shot 60# in a while and with the weight of the element it almost feels like a kids bow in my hands,the draw cycle is also a simple yank and i'm hitting the backwall!!Tell me more about what kind of grip is best for these bows Old Mate
    Last edited by Westy; 04-12-2012 at 06:04 PM.
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Everyone here in Oz with any ounce of knowlage in this area has said paper tune is for the birds and most new hoyt bows won't give you a perfect tear at 3 yards as the arrow has to come around the riser is this correct????????
    Well you can add those people to the list of shooters without knowledge also....

I do not paper tune....but only because I don't need to. I can count on one hand the # of arrows I have shot through paper in the past 3 years with a target HOYT.....and they have always been either a bullet hole or a perfect nock high left tear that I like.

But you should have NO PROBLEM paper tuning any Hoyt....you need to twist your yoke to get the tear cleaned up....and or take off those goofy grips that come on the Hoyts. Shoot off the riser and put some tennis grip tape over it. Pull it as tight as you can get it. I just go down the handle with one wrap.

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    GiDay Wilco what do you recomend then for the grip????That could be the problem right there!!!!I noticed the other day when shootin this element it felt like I was torqing the bow,did the riser trick with a arrow in the rest and was wondering why i was still getting a tear like this????Checked the cams and no lean,so it looks like a case of operator malfunction It's the first time I've shot 60# in a while and with the weight of the element it almost feels like a kids bow in my hands,the draw cycle is also a simple yank and i'm hitting the backwall!!Tell me more about what kind of grip is best for these bows Old Mate
    Go on hoyts web site and buy the side plates it will be night and day difference. i tried the tennis racket tape over the bare riser but it just felt to much like a rubber grip to me and thats what we are trying to get away from
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

Hoyt Vertor Turbo

Try the Hamskea rest way better than a Limb Driver and they hook to the limb too cost alot more worth every cent check them out at Steve's arrows.com they are bilt so much like a rock compaired to a limb driver and will last.

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matrix,hoyt View Post
    Try the Hamskea rest way better than a Limb Driver and they hook to the limb too cost alot more worth every cent check them out at Steve's arrows.com they are bilt so much like a rock compaired to a limb driver and will last.
    not saying that rest is junk or anything but i have never had the first problem with my limb driver rest
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    Well you can add those people to the list of shooters without knowledge also....

I do not paper tune....but only because I don't need to. I can count on one hand the # of arrows I have shot through paper in the past 3 years with a target HOYT.....and they have always been either a bullet hole or a perfect nock high left tear that I like.

But you should have NO PROBLEM paper tuning any Hoyt....you need to twist your yoke to get the tear cleaned up....and or take off those goofy grips that come on the Hoyts. Shoot off the riser and put some tennis grip tape over it. Pull it as tight as you can get it. I just go down the handle with one wrap.
    GiDay Brother dropped your name on the Aussie Web Site the other day and a few doors opened up for me straight away,with Marcus!!!!!Changed the hoyt grip as you said and yep problem fixed!! Sweeetest bow this Aussie has ever shot (Hoyt element) 50 meter 6 arrow group today 3" spread with open sight and 10" stabilizer not to bad considering this is my hunting bow???? thanks for the help once again Old Mate!!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.