You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default brush fire to close to home

http://www.pottsmerc.com/article/201...-still-burning

This is about 1/2 mile from my house and is my usual spot to go turkey hunting.
    This is the first instance of anything like this in my area that I can remember. scary stuff. we could see the sky lit up last night and the evacuated area is only about 1/8 mile from my house.

Thats some frighting stuff here!!! How fast does a forest fire move and the noise it's like a freight train rolling by!!! hope you and your family have seen the last of this for a while ,the only good thing is once it burns it can't burn again for a few years. hope you and your family are all A.O.K and them Turkeys well don't worry I saw a truck down there this morning with this dude driving it ,any idea who it was????

http://youtu.be/pwURoueDzFo

I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Yikes!
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

thanks westy!

My turkey spot is gone, drove out that way last night roads are blocked off. so I went to the nearest big hill to get a look and the hold area is trashed. the good news is that no one has been hurt. I guess I better get my game land map out and start looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohansolo View Post
    thanks westy!

My turkey spot is gone, drove out that way last night roads are blocked off. so I went to the nearest big hill to get a look and the hold area is trashed. the good news is that no one has been hurt. I guess I better get my game land map out and start looking.
    Your Right there Mate ,best news is no one was hurt and it doesn't get much better than that!!!!Sorry to here about your hunting site being totalled though??? The game will still be around but now is in someone elses patch I guess!!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

It will grow back pretty fast, so this season might be lost but it won't take it long to come back. Glad everyone is OK.
    FBSA Member

well the fire is out. over 700 acers burnt. largest brush fire in PA history. official cause was downed power lines.

the best part of this story is the reaction of the community. we had 30 fire companies respond and over 300 fire fighters. that is the good part. the great part is that after a night of watching these brave young men and women cumming and going from our back yards, in and out of the woods. we all started to set up back yard kitchens. my community made sure that they were well fed and had plenty to drink. after all they were fighting to save our homes. I have never been so proud of the people and place that I live.

Just heard from one of my friends through Bowhunting that he just lost his home & everything in the fires near Ft. Collins, Co. Him, wife & dog got out ok. but lost everything.

Been a bad fire season so far this year.

Glad to hear your home and family are safe.

Quote Originally Posted by ahunter55 View Post
    Just heard from one of my friends through Bowhunting that he just lost his home & everything in the fires near Ft. Collins, Co. Him, wife & dog got out ok. but lost everything.
    Ft Collins was one of my old stomping grounds ,sorry to hear you mates place is toast!!!!Glad he and his family are still A.O.K,what started the fire Lightning or human error?????

News said Lightning..
    I did a ton of DIY Elk/Mule Deer N. & W. of Ft. Collins close to Wy border years ago.. Great country.

Quote Originally Posted by ahunter55 View Post
    News said Lightning..
    I did a ton of DIY Elk/Mule Deer N. & W. of Ft. Collins close to Wy border years ago.. Great country.
    I'll say Gods own that place!!!!! I'm going back one day before I die!!!!!