You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Changing Arrows

Default Changing Arrows

I have a Mathews Heli'm that I just recently purchased. I plan on shooting Easton FMJ Arrows for Hunting and Easton Fatboys for 3D. When I change the type of arrow that I am shooting in my bow is there any specific thing I need to do to make sure that the arrows fly correctly or that the bow stays sighted in?

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

You may well have to adjust you sights with the change; no way around it. Probably enough difference in weight there you will see it a small change.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

For sure adjusting your sights. You also might need to adjust your rest or nock point height since the FMJs are smaller diameter than the Fatboys.

I agree with the previous two posts, you will be adjusting sights and launcher every time you switch. Most of the people I shoot with use the same arrows for target, 3D and field. It makes it simpler overall.

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    I agree with the previous two posts, you will be adjusting sights and launcher every time you switch. Most of the people I shoot with use the same arrows for target, 3D and field. It makes it simpler overall.
    Yes, with the size difference, you will be adjusting your sight and rest. Most of the people I shoot with use different arrows for target, hunting, field, etc and really don't mind the extra time it takes to dial in for a different set of arrows. That's part of the fun.

They've done it for so long that they already know where their starting points are and just have to fine tune the setup. The only way you get that type of confidence and knowledge about your equipment is by doing it--no shortcuts.

Quote Originally Posted by montigre View Post
    Yes, with the size difference, you will be adjusting your sight and rest. Most of the people I shoot with use different arrows for target, hunting, field, etc and really don't mind the extra time it takes to dial in for a different set of arrows. That's part of the fun.

They've done it for so long that they already know where their starting points are and just have to fine tune the setup. The only way you get that type of confidence and knowledge about your equipment is by doing it--no shortcuts.
    yes that is a good way to learn setup. The group I shoot with in 3D use their hunting rigs as practice. The folks I shoot target and field with generally have target type bow set up with scope and long stabs for those forms. The Pros that are shooting 3D use the same setup they use for field. I think it just depends on what you want to do.