You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: I'm a n00b!! =)

Default I'm a n00b!! =)

Hey everyone!
    So I decided I wanted to get in to shooting a longbow. I found the one I wanted, bought it and some arrows and a forearm protector.

What I failed to research first, however, were the local laws regarding shooting a bow in my backyard lol.

The code says I can't shoot anything with a metal tip (I got in contact with the city police to verify), but so long as it doesn't have one, I'm good.

I've searched high and low for either rubber or nylon tips that aren't the "thumper" type blunts, but haven't turned up anything. Ideally I want something that is just like a standard target tip (that's the slightly pointy, rounded one, right?), only not metal, so I can shoot it into a giant TV box I've stuffed tight with loads of extra cardboard.

Do these exist?

Thanks in advance! I hope to spend a lot of time here =)

If you are shooting alum arrows with screw in inserts, you could take those "thumper blunts" to someone with a stationary belt sander and viola' rubber field points. If you are shooting ceder shafts just pilot hole and tap the business end and screw the sanded blunts into the ends w/ some 5 min. epoxy to hold 'em in.
    Where there's a will, there's a way.

That's a great idea!
    And of course it's always the simplest one that makes the most sense haha.

I would have never looked that far into the law... I would have simply found out if I can shoot in my backyard or not and left it at that!

Clever idea on the tips!!

Normally I would do the same. But my backyard is right along a busy road, so any "do-gooder" could report me and claim I'm shooting cats, or kids, or old ladies, or whatever. No thank you

I'm going to buy some uncut wood arrows though, and just put a dull point on them. That should do it =)