You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Using a clicker

Recurve Shooter

Default Using a clicker

I am relatively new to target shooting (about 2 yrs. after not shooting at all for 25 yrs.)
    I shoot an Olympic-style recurve, and I am considering learning to use a clicker in order to be more consistent with my full draw anchor point.

The problem I have is that my arrows are too long for the clicker plate. The tip does not quite clear the edge. Is it feasible to cut 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch from the back end of my arrows? Can that be done without removing the fletching? Should the cut ends be sanded off somehow so they are not sharp edges?

Any advice would be welcome.

If the wire is long enough, make a couple bends in it so part still hits the riser and the wire extends far enough forward to come off your tip when you need it to. This is a trick from some gap shooters that wanted to use a clicker but not change their point on distance.

Recurve Shooter

Default Thanks, Supermag

Good idea. I have not yet purchased the clicker, and I might opt for one that mounts on the sight bar. Thanks for your tip anyway.

There used to be a clicker called Klickety-Klik that attached to the t or bottom limb and a string attached to the bow string. It worked and sounded just like those old hand held crickets. You know. Push and let up and it went klick-klick.

Maybe worth a look. I used one back in the 70's.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver