You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Hoyt RKT Cams

Default Hoyt RKT Cams

Well as you all know Westy's long awaited Turbo Vector Came on Friday and with joy and Pleasure straped on the 5Pin spot hogg and 11.5" fuse stabilizer and spent Sunday sighting it in and basiclly enjoying it!!!With one of the Biggest 3D comps on this weekend Westy took this morning off to have a sneaky shoot and tune the thing in perfect!!!What a pleasure to shoot although the 6" brace height is a little bit of a Bitch as it Wrist slaps you if you muck it up just even thre slightest bit,but all was going great and fast WoW we it motors this Hoyt Bow!!! I felt good and it felt good 3" groups at 50 yards and I was in love,AND THATS WHEN IT HAPPENED!!! The grub screws that holds the module on to the cam decided it didn't like where it lived and not slowly but in a rush moved out,at this point I released the bow and whack whats that sound yep the screw smashed the lower left limb and the party was over!!!!!Needless to say I'm now looking for a set of limbs for a Hoyt Turbo Vector as this bow was second hand and 8 weeks old!!!If it was raining Virgins I'd probally get a Gay!!! Looks like i'll be shooting a Carbon element this weekend,could be worse I could be staying at home LOL
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Bummer that happened when you were all dialed in....

Remember in the future, blue Loctite is an archer's best friend!! Don't ask me how I know...

Shoot well this weekend!!

Quote Originally Posted by montigre View Post
    Bummer that happened when you were all dialed in....

Remember in the future, blue Loctite is an archer's best friend!! Don't ask me how I know...

Shoot well this weekend!!
    Thank you !!! The more I learn the more it co$tS me at least I'm still smiling!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Talking Here's what I think !

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post

Thank you !!! The more I learn the more it co$tS me at least I'm still smiling!!!
    Nothing wrong with learning , otherwise you'll just have to do it again !

I must of brought , the good Hoyts , as I've had zero trouble with mine !

PS. I have a good proshop look mine over as there all the stuff is brought and put on , such as rests , stabilizers , sites , etc. !

I too learned that lesson the hard way, except I was the first owner of the bow and hoyt happily replaced the limb free of charge in acouple of days.

Have you found a replacement set of limbs yet? Might be faster to buy them over here and have them shipped over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    I too learned that lesson the hard way, except I was the first owner of the bow and hoyt happily replaced the limb free of charge in acouple of days.

Have you found a replacement set of limbs yet? Might be faster to buy them over here and have them shipped over.
    I'm glad it doesn't only happen to me!!!Live and learn as they say

Default Many thanks

Just wanted to send a shout out to all of you who P.M me on this issue

THANK-YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH

Cheers Westy