You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Don't you dare laugh.........

I admit it, I am no carpenter. I couldn't hit the same nail twice unless it's attacted to my thumb, and if your holdin the board you better watch out cause I'll problably hit yours too.
    So.......with my trusty cordless screw driver, a fresh box of band-aids, and some lumber I got as a result of some horse tradin I decided that I was gonna build the tash ma hall of deer blinds. 10 by 10 with a wood stove and place to stretch out of course.
    I'M building it like a pole building about 4 foot off the ground, so I put my first two poles in 10 foot apart. Carefully measure and put in the 3rd and here's my first problem. when I measure out for the 4th pole I found I haven't made a square, I made a diamond shape. So I pull the 3rd pole and carefully measure again, re-dig the hole put the 3rd post in only to find out it's still not square.
    Well by this time I'm running out of beer and motivation. So being the weekend is here I'm gonna give this another go. SO....................

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME A EASY WAY TO SQUARE THIS DANG HUNTING SHACK UP SO I DON'T HAVE TO REDIG THESE HOLES TWENTY TIMES!!!!

Measure opposite poles on the diagonals and adjust from there.
    Not sure if that makes sense, but a^2 + b^2=c^2. Measuring the diagonals should be the best way to get it square. (A square is 2 triangles sharing one diagonal/ hypotenuse).

Quote Originally Posted by alaz View Post
    Measure opposite poles on the diagonals and adjust from there.
    Not sure if that makes sense, but a^2 + b^2=c^2. Measuring the diagonals should be the best way to get it square. (A square is 2 triangles sharing one diagonal/ hypotenuse).

Hello...........I said easy?

Hey there Bro try this link!!!!!

http://www.buildeazy.com/plans/helpfiles_profile.html

Try this it's dead easy even a Canadian could work this out????

Cheers from Tim the Toolman!!!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Try the 6,8,10 foot rule as math dont lie.

Set three stakes in the ground close to where you think the post are to go so they make a L shape. Tie a string from one stake to the other pulling tight. Repeat this from the corner post to the third post.

Now measure from the corner to one post and mark the string at 8 feet, go back to the corner and measure the other string to 6 feet and mark the string. From one mark to the other make them 10 feet apart and you will have a perfect 90 degree corner. Do this by moving one of the stakes either toward or away from the other stake but don't touh the one in the middle.

lay 4 10 foot poles in a square and dig a hole at each coner.
    Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers

Talking A little known fact !

I'm no carpenter , so good luck !

I like to be in the open , as I try to hunt not sleep while in my stands !

Now you know and you are !

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    I'm no carpenter , so good luck !

I like to be in the open , as I try to hunt not sleep while in my stands !

Now you know and you are !
    What sort of help was that???????????? i sleep in my undies not really i'm a nuddie for sure but whats that got to do with anything???????

HiJacker
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    I admit it, I am no carpenter. I couldn't hit the same nail twice unless it's attacted to my thumb, and if your holdin the board you better watch out cause I'll problably hit yours too.
    So.......with my trusty cordless screw driver, a fresh box of band-aids, and some lumber I got as a result of some horse tradin I decided that I was gonna build the tash ma hall of deer blinds. 10 by 10 with a wood stove and place to stretch out of course.
    I'M building it like a pole building about 4 foot off the ground, so I put my first two poles in 10 foot apart. Carefully measure and put in the 3rd and here's my first problem. when I measure out for the 4th pole I found I haven't made a square, I made a diamond shape. So I pull the 3rd pole and carefully measure again, re-dig the hole put the 3rd post in only to find out it's still not square.
    Well by this time I'm running out of beer and motivation. So being the weekend is here I'm gonna give this another go. SO....................

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME A EASY WAY TO SQUARE THIS DANG HUNTING SHACK UP SO I DON'T HAVE TO REDIG THESE HOLES TWENTY TIMES!!!!

Is this 10' center to center or 10' apart????? and L.C simple is best mate like that idea I just learn't a very old trick i'd reckon!!!Onya Mate!!!!

Well now I don't feel near as dumb, looks like there is no real easy answer. thanks for the link West-T I did some sober measuring last night and I think I got some good marks now I just have to dig the holes.

Talking Mark the calender !

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Well now I don't feel near as dumb, looks like there is no real easy answer. thanks for the link West-T I did some sober measuring last night and I think I got some good marks now I just have to dig the holes.
    It's Saturday and buddy Gator is here !

How are we going to be able to write all that stuff about him ON WEEKENDS , KNOWING THAT HE'S WATCHING THIS SITE !

PS. Hope you are learning and doing a GOOD JOB !
    Last edited by Carpshooter; 05-19-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: spelling and looking a second time

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    It's Saturday and buddy Gator is here !

How are we going to be able to write all that stuff about him ON WEEKENDS , KNOWING THAT HE'S WATCHING THIS SITE !

PS. Hope you are learning and doing a GOOD JOB !

I had to come into work and make up for lost time. Not that I'm complaining mind you. Shoud be a short day I'm just about done.

On a 10 x 10 make an X off the 2 you have set 14.15 feet and you should be square. Put a mark or stake and then measure from your post to the stakes and make sure my math is close. Hopefully I haven't made myself look like an idiot.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

well dont leave us in suspense. are the postholes dug. are they square. let us know so I can get a good nights sleep.
    Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers

Quote Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
    well dont leave us in suspense. are the postholes dug. are they square. let us know so I can get a good nights sleep.
    Well the holes are dug but now he has a 8 foot basement to build on top of, for this thing.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Tom View Post
    On a 10 x 10 make an X off the 2 you have set 14.15 feet and you should be square. Put a mark or stake and then measure from your post to the stakes and make sure my math is close. Hopefully I haven't made myself look like an idiot.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
    would that be equal to 14 feet 1 5/8 inches?

Yes, the post are in and braced. I got me a big pile of 2x10's at a auction last weekend for 25 bucks so I'm hoping to get those cut down this weekend into 2x6's for the floor and roof.

I wish I could find a bunch of cheap plywood and insulation at a auction too. For 25 bucks I almost got enough 2x10's for two deer blinds. I love farm auctions.

Ok this weekend I plan on getting everything framed in and ready for sheeting.

I priced out sheeting and insulation but soon realized I have to rob the local party store first before I run to home depot for the sheeting.

I'm planning on taking pictures of the deer palace as I put it up but really haven't done much to it beside lean on the post and drink beer.

So once again the weeekend is here, I got a fresh 30 pack in the fridge and more 2x4's so we'll see what happens this weekend.

I did find a site called "Deer view windows" they make windows for deer blinds. After lookin what home depot had for windows and finding nothing that would fit the bill at local garage sales, I decided to order my windows from them. Cheaper than Home depot and hopefully will work better than your average used slider window that you buy at a garage sale. Those should be in the end of next week.

Default Enough already just show me the Photos

Should have just made a diamond

Pics!! How did it turn out?