You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Has this ever happened to you??????

After all the hype and waiting for these killer Hoyt Bows to arrive can someone please tell me what the Happened here????????As you know the turbo Vectors were my final choice of bow and i got 2 of them.well today I experiance my first Blow up!!!!Up close and personal like,never happened when i shot Mathews WTF!!!!Check out the photos string has derailedbut has not come completely off the lower cam and the specialized peep has shot me in the nose and man did it hurt!!!!!When the blood has started to run then I know I'm in trouble ,glad it wasn't a eye Starting to think hoyt might just be a load of $hit and more trouble than there worth.you've heard of target panic well I've got hoyt panic,maybe this bow is just cursed or something limb craps itself now this ?????Trust me I'll never shoot this crap thing again!!!!!!I really can't belive this at all maybe I should go back to small bore shooting never had this sort of crap happen there!!!!

Do youself a favor and don't use the specialized peep with a hood as it was that Bastard that cut me to pieces,the sharp point on the hood!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5240006.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	25562 - t3h 3d shoots   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5240007.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	25563 - t3h 3d shoots  
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Carpshooter if you pay the postage the heap of ****s yours,whats your address again?????
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Man, Westy, you must have picked up some of my luck. Hope it gets better for you.

Default Here's what i think.......

You need to find a better barber, one that will trim your eyebrows alittle better. Your starting to look like a republican.

and no it's never happen to me before.

So you have to ask yourself???? I'm I Hoyt worthy???

Not everyone is..............

very funny.All short ATA, short Brace height bows designed for maximum velocities are prone to derailing by tourquing the riser. Hoyt was the last to try and avoid this type of design but sales demanded it. velocity over shootability, over reliabilty, over accuracy. You demanded , you got. I will stick with my 40"ata 8" brace Hoyts that can get 280fps+ at Six grains a pound meaning 360-370 gr arrow at 60-61 lbs and be happy, cause good performance and being a real sweet shooter with great peep /string angle is whats really important. did you know the most accomplishe north american compound bowhunter uses a 44" ata bow with 9" brace? and he's a little dude go figure?
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

Talking Got to let you know !

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    You need to find a better barber, one that will trim your eyebrows alittle better. Your starting to look like a republican.

and no it's never happen to me before.

So you have to ask yourself???? I'm I Hoyt worthy???

Not everyone is..............
    If I agree with Gator Eye or not , I got to admit that he is right !

It is true that the Carpshooter is also , along with my buddies , as I got a photo of them here ;

" That I am Hoyt worthy , as I belong to the brotherhood of top notch archers " !

Name:	78528-original.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	25564 - t3h 3d shoots  

Talking A little known fact !

Quote Originally Posted by Compound Comedian View Post
    very funny.All short ATA, short Brace height bows designed for maximum velocities are prone to derailing by tourquing the riser. Hoyt was the last to try and avoid this type of design but sales demanded it. velocity over shootability, over reliabilty, over accuracy. You demanded , you got. I will stick with my 40"ata 8" brace Hoyts that can get 280fps+ at Six grains a pound meaning 360-370 gr arrow at 60-61 lbs and be happy, cause good performance and being a real sweet shooter with great peep /string angle is whats really important. did you know the most accomplishe north american compound bowhunter uses a 44" ata bow with 9" brace? and he's a little dude go figure?
    No wonder the Compound Comedian and yours trully can't get along , we're too much alike !

Quote Originally Posted by Compound Comedian View Post
    Thanks C.C I'm seeing a change real soon in my future,wouldn't want to shoot hoyt speed bows if this is the results!!!Thanks for the compassionate coments guys go yourselves!!!!!C.C your not included in the last comment And Carrpie he's nothing like you he's not a dick!!!!

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Default subleminal messaging

sorry to hear that. hope you get better my friend

Name:	evo7 pics 013.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	149.0 KB 
ID:	25565 - t3h 3d shoots  
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

Sorry to hear your bow bit you.
    The latest/greatest is'nt always.
    I waited a long time for my new bow, don't shoot it any better than my old bow.
    I'M NOT A FAN OF HYBRID/CAM.5 BOWS. Give me a single cam or a twin any day. Not that cam design is your bow's issue, but they(cam.5) are more complicated to tune than a bow needs to be. Ultra short bows just suck, to twichy IMO. Anybody can shoot a deer at 20 yards with one but why do you think most target heros don't shoot them? If they were as good or better, they would.
    Sorry for you chit luck Westy. Brand means nothing, go with a design and cam system you can work with.
    The only brand interesting me lately is OK Archery with their shoot-through twin cams, but the price is holding me back. Any of the binary cammed makers could easily make a shoot through but so far they won't, so I won't.
    FBSA Member

Talking Here's what I think !

Westy just going through that learning curve of archery ! .....

Been there done that , glad he's recovering !

Sorry to hear about your pain and disappointment with your new bow. I personally wouldnt buy either a Mathews or Hoyt as Ive read about simmilar problems occuring before, but thats me. Anyway I hope all works out for you. If it wasnt the string derailing, the Speciality peep wouldnt of caused a problem. The Hoyt did the damage Westy not the peep
    Maitland Zeus Matte Black (50 - 60lbs) set 55lbs @ 28" DL.
    Doinker Dish 12" Black Stabilizer. Magnum 300 Black Custom Wrist Sling. Sure Loc QC1 Sight Black (4 pin).
    Limb Driver Split Limb drop away rest. Short & Sweet S1 Release.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Any bow can fail here's mine from 2009:
    Has this ever happened to you?????? - General Archery Forum
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Thanks C.C I'm seeing a change real soon in my future,wouldn't want to shoot hoyt speed bows if this is the results!!!Thanks for the compassionate coments guys go yourselves!!!!!C.C your not included in the last comment And Carrpie he's nothing like you he's not a dick!!!!

Easy there killer, just funnin with ya.

Two years ago a guy we shoot with sometimes had bought a new Hoyt that the pin that either the sting or cable went on unscrewed and locked up the bow at full draw. It was wedged between the limb and cam. Upon trying to let it down it blew up shattering the arrow and breaking his thumb. They replaced everything (cams and limbs) and he still shoots it. It was one of the longer target bows but I am not sure what it is.
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter
    Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter/Tru Ball staff shooter/Bohning Shooting Staff
    K&E Taxidermy
    http://www.freewebs.com/gerrystaxidermy/index.htm

sounds like a module screw came looseon the lock up. I know a guy who did that with his Bowtech.Ive seen Mathews Monster, Martin Alien, and a Bowtech ? derail either on the range or trying to check draw weight on a cotton scale. This is the 1st Hoyt Ive heard do this , but a 35" or less ata with 6" brace, anythings possible from any manufacturer.
    I like Westy, sorry you took the pounding on the beak mate. should have bought a CRX 35"
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

Sorry to hear about the accident Westy. But look on the bright side that Hoyt was accurate, it hit you right between the eyes!!!! Sorry Westy couldn't resist.
    But I will say this I have had one of my older Martins blow up on me at full draw. Just as it hit the wall bang the cable snapped and it was one of the steel cables ouch. The string belted me in the face the steel cable wrapped around my arm. I was a hurting puppy.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    NEED A STRING OR A SLING? PM OR EMAIL US @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    Check us out at bowstringdepot.com Now Open

Default Good Bye!!!!! God Bless

Well this is the last hurrar for me and Compound bows have worked out what happened and man it isn't pretty!!! The change from pin nocks on my gt 22's was the problem,went from normal nocks to pin nocks and the tight angle of the string 35" ATA pinched the pin nock and infact I had a very dry fire causing the cable to derail which then caused the peep sight to fire back into my face at about 300fps!!! wasn't the Hoyts fault and it wasn't the peeps fault and WHO knows it wasn't my fault it was a comody of errors which cause a huge failure!!!At least the Hoyt will still be good for another 999 dry fires If nothing else I'm a quick learner and have decided to go back to what the Government payed and trained me to do???? Yerr it's a hassle having to get get my license and all and having to wait 6 months for it again but I figured this much out, way to many veriables in compound bow shooting and I'm not up to the challange as I see it!!!!Might try and give Recurve a go,but can you travel backwards?????Did you just here that???Sounded like the sound of the local archery shops going broke LOL andd what was that???Ohhh it's henry Winchester rolling over in his grave cheeringLOL Anyway Guys it's been a fun ride the last year\months
    Thanks Guys

Cheers Westy

Talking A little known fact !

Westy you don't have to be an archer to be on this site , as how do you think that yours trully has manage to survive here !

Really Westy , just keep trying !

Wishing you well , Aussie !

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    Westy you don't have to be an archer to be on this site , as how do you think that yours trully has manage to survive here !

Really Westy , just keep trying !

Wishing you well , Aussie !
    I've just purchased a Jennings Buck master Bow and feel quite safe shooting it!!!!It even said on the box old as it was "Guaranteed Not to hit a thing" Now I'm in the right Crew here