You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default bowtech 82nd airborne

i hope this is the right place for this thread. i'm thinking about buying a used bowtech 82nd airborne and was wondering if anybody has any incite to how well these bows shoot. right now i'm shooting a mathews black max 2 at 65#dw. and 28" dl. my son got me into 3d target shooting after about a 45 year layoff. are the parrallel limb bows easier to shoot? i like the speedof the black max.

I never had one but I know alot of guys thought they were the shiz-nuts when they first came out.

Most parallel limb bows are smooth shooting, if you don't need or like alot of feed back from your bow they are the way to go.

Good luck with it.

Default 82nd airborne

i just found some really ugly reveiws on this bow about limbs splitting and excessive cam lean and tuning problems. it scared me off so i ended up buying a mathews 6.5 reezen. it's a really smooth shooting bow.

Talking A little known fact !

I personally own a Jennings Buckmaster , the very first model , which was a very controvery bow as they made zillions of them , as every Tom , Dick , Harry , Pete and almost anyone else that had one always seem to have a different opinion about them !

I like mine and am still proud to say " Hell yes I shoot a Jennings Buckmaster ( sometimes ) " !

Bowtech seems to be a company that is here for the long haul , unlike many others that have come and gone !

Quote Originally Posted by bzm View Post
    i just found some really ugly reveiws on this bow about limbs splitting and excessive cam lean and tuning problems. it scared me off so i ended up buying a mathews 6.5 reezen. it's a really smooth shooting bow.
    I just picked up a 2nd hand z7 extreme and shot it yesterday,short AtA but it's super quite and slings a 450 grn arrow fast enough!!!!Got to say not as fast as my Hoyts but I think it's a better hunting bow!!!! Come Back Matt all is forgiven!!!!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bzm View Post
    You will see the same reviews about that reezen to. There is alot of bowtech bashers out there. The 82nd is a really good bow. I had 1 82nd and 2 101st's. There where some really good bows.
    Snake Creek Mafia
    2012 Elite Answer
    TRU-BALL shooting staff Bernies Control Freak Staff
    Part of the UnBannable Crew on AT You Cant Catch Me.

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

PSE. PSE. PSE. Lol

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

I owned an 82nd for a few month and found it difficult to shoot due to rough draw cycle, short brace height and it creeped bad a full draw when I would relax. In my opinion there are a lot better bows out there. Get an allegiance, tribute or an Athens.

I had an 82nd Airborne, but I sold it due to the fact that you cannot get replacement limbs anymore from Bowtech. The bow I had was a biz-natch to tune, but eventually, I got it shooting bullet holes through paper, after I swapped limbs top & bottom, shifted the cams over using different sized spacers, and taking twists on and off the cables and string. Eventually, I got it perfect, with my rest at center flight, even.

Depending on your drawlength, go with a Destroyer 340 or 350. With the double split yoke cables, they are a breeze to tune.

I had a 2008 82nd. It tuned so easy for me I almost laughed. After the initial
    set up it was shooting bullet holes in 3 shots. I then bought another one. A
    2009 model. It also tuned very easy for me. Both of these were 60 lb models.
    The only problem I had with either one was some lower limb twist on the 08
    model that was causing the module to cut the cable serving. New lims took
    care of that. I never had any problems with the 09.