You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Lyme

Hybrid View

Default Lyme

got a bite that developed a bullseye about 2 weeks later . now 3 day's into 21 days on Doxy. Doc's office called today, blood test was positive. Little bastards. spray that repelant.
    FBSA Member

That's tough.......how are you feeling?

hate to hear that. they are bad ever were this year.
    Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers

Default Lyme

GiDay Red sorry to hear your unwell mate!!!!I got ask but I know i shoukdn't whats a Lyme????????? Is that like a Midgee like a flying ant that stings you???
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

It's from a tick bite. The tick's are just carriers really, the desease comes from mice.(more on this) Starts out with flue-like symptoms and if it goes undiagnosed for a long time came be quite debilitating. It can hide in organs going undetected for a long time untill enough damage is done. Cronic fatigue, swollen joints, nervous system damage, organ damage including your heart.
    Caught and treated early enough it's usually no problem. I'm lucky I noticed the bite mark and kept an eye on it. It did go to the classic bulls eye about 6" in diameter, thats when I went to the Doc and blood test confirmed it.
    ...My second time going down this road. 1st time was 8 or 10 years ago.
    The only negatives now is a persistant headache and a little stomach upset from the antibiotics. Small price to pay to get rid of it. I have been lazy about using repellant this summer, so I have nobody to blame but me.
    As far as the desease's origin, it's rumored to have been developed by man, in a lab off of Ct during WW2 by scientist experimenting with bio warface stuff. It's name Lyme, comes from the area in Ct where it first started showing up. (if you believe in conspirocy theories) Who knows
    FBSA Member

Wow Who in there right mind would develope such a thing????We don't have this in Oz yet and I hassen to add YET !!!!!Hope you feel better real soon and the drugs do the trick,see you in the Comp

Cheers Westy
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.