You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Hello all

Hybrid View

Default Hello all

First post here and I need some help

Here are some issues that I am having and I am hoping that you guys will be able to help me with them. Since most of the tournaments in my neck of the woods are ASA sanctioned I have made the decision to set my bow up in accordance to their rules.

I am shooting a 2011 MR 7 60-70 pound limbs 29" DL. I have backed the limbs off 3.5 turns, my arrows are way to light so I am going to have to bump the weight on them.

My issues, first off I can't hold the bow steady at the lighter poundage for some reason. I have adjusted my stabs in/out, up/down. Shifted the weights around to no avail. At this point I think I am going to change the draw length mods down .5 of an inch to see if that helps. I have a set of 28" mods but they feel to short. Do you guys think the steadiness issue could be caused by the DL being a little long?

Next is arrows, right now I am shooting Ultra Lite Pro 22 Gold Tips and I love that arrow. I just don't see a reason to stick with it as it is so light I am going to have to add weight, why not go with a heavier arrow to begin with. Thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Lastly, should I think about the 65% let off modules as well, it seems I shoot better with some force on the string, but I won't really be able to tell anything until I get the DL correct.

If some of you wouldn't mind posting the specs on your complete ASA 3D set ups (right down to the strings you use) that would be great.....Blake

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Well first of all I would like to welcome you to this forum. I will add my opinion on you're setup. If you were comfy with pulling that much weight and can shoot it good then I would suggest giving the gold tip xxx arrows a try. They will be plenty heavy enough at a 28" arrow with a 100 grain tip they should weigh in the mid 400 grain range and that will be enough to get the speed where you need it and have the advantage of a fat line cutting shaft. Hope this helps

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

I think that your will have to have atleast a 140 tip and add a few string leeches to your string and then maybe it will be close to 280. On another note, I heard that they might have a new class next year. The OUTLAW class, run what u brung. no speed limit.
    Hoyt Maxxis 31,QAD HD ,G5 ME sight ,Vibracheck stabilizer
    Hoyt Maxxis 35, QAD HDX, Black Gold slider, B-Stinger
    Hoyt Maxxis 35, QAD HD ,B-stinger. Armortech sight

The outlaw class sounds like fun, I am close to 280 now since I changed out the cams and dropped poundage again. Also have some screw in weights coming for my UL Pro 22's so that will help as well.......Blake

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by painless View Post
    The outlaw class sounds like fun, I am close to 280 now since I changed out the cams and dropped poundage again. Also have some screw in weights coming for my UL Pro 22's so that will help as well.......Blake
    Good luck let us know how it does

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

We're IBO around here however I think the speed limit is a rule that the ASA needs to nuke into orbit.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Well new development. Took my mr7 and helium to a little shop down the road and had them check the poundage. On both my bows the poundage wasn't't what it should have been. The helium maxed out was at 64 pounds and the mr7 backed off 4 turns was at 56 pounds. Both are 70 pound limbs, what would cause this. Talked to my bow guy and he said bring the helium by and he would fix it, but he said that was normal for monsters. Does that sound right to you guys? Any Way I am going to have them adjusted and might be needing some new strings.......blake