You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's ready?

Default Who's ready?

I have go to the bank this morning and see about a loan for broadheads, besides that my equipment is ready for opening day.

Stands and clothes, now that's a different story. I got 3 stands I still want to get moved around and I haven't even dug my hunting clothes out.

The time is getting near!!

Are you ready?

Default Oh Yeah Baby

Ready Steady and Go!!!!! i'm like the energizer Bunny always ready to go!!!!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

I have nothing I need to do.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Went to hang a stand last night and got attacked my the garden, once I got that done it was dinner times, then a bottle of merlot and a big cigar caught hold of me and the night was done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F70D026.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	146.2 KB 
ID:	25905 - t3h 3d shoots  

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Went to hang a stand last night and got attacked my the garden, once I got that done it was dinner times, then a bottle of merlot and a big cigar caught hold of me and the night was done.
    You sure are a funny Bugger sometimes!!!!!hope your not the sort of guy that opens a bottle of Chardonay on a building site though?????
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Talking A little known fact !

I will be ready !

Now you know and you are !

I have go to the bank this morning and see about a loan for broadheads, besides that my equipment is ready for opening day.

Stands and clothes, now that's a different story. I got 3 stands I still want to get moved around and I haven't even dug my hunting clothes out.

The time is getting near!!

Are you ready?
    did you get the loan or is it gonna be Muzzies again this year?

Stands are up though some should be replaced (getting old). 1 bow should be good to go, the other just got new threads and is not ready. I am the weak link, have'nt shot but once since last season. I'm not changing anything as far as arrows or heads or bows this year. Just have to start shooting. mid Oct is my opener. I cannot remember not shooting for this long since I started in the mid 70's. Life happens sometimes I guess. I'll be ready.
    FBSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by red44 View Post
    Stands are up though some should be replaced (getting old). 1 bow should be good to go, the other just got new threads and is not ready. I am the weak link, have'nt shot but once since last season. I'm not changing anything as far as arrows or heads or bows this year. Just have to start shooting. mid Oct is my opener. I cannot remember not shooting for this long since I started in the mid 70's. Life happens sometimes I guess. I'll be ready.
    Does it ever RED does it Ever and always at once and in a huge rush!!!!!!

Talking A little known fact !

Some of my best hunts were last second hunts !

Now you know , incase you think that " yours trully " is not all THAT READY !

Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    did you get the loan or is it gonna be Muzzies again this year?

Yeap.........I took a long look at the Rage's in the case, the a long look in my wallet and grabbed a pack of muzzy's.

I used some slick tricks last year for the first time with good results but muzzy's always do the job at a reduced price.

Yeap.........I took a long look at the Rage's in the case, the a long look in my wallet and grabbed a pack of muzzy's.

I used some slick tricks last year for the first time with good results but muzzy's always do the job at a reduced price.
    I've found Slick tricks and Grizz Tricks to be the best money I've ever spent,not a fan of 2blade heads at all!!They truely are feild tip accurate +\- 1"'s

I started today with the neighbours cat is that allowed?????Or do I have to wait untill OCT 1st to start posting?????

I'm ready. checked out my stands yesterday were I'm going to hunt. still in good shape. its an old farm on Brushy Mt. that hasnt been farmed in 30 + years. fields get smaller each year with brush and autumn olive bushes. hate them. but has a lot of apple trees with a good crop of apples. didnt see any acorns any were but lots of sign under the apple trees.
    Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers

Can't find a apple on any of our trees this year, the early spring with a few late frost wiped all our buds out.
    Some of my best stands over look apple trees

Can't find a apple on any of our trees this year, the early spring with a few late frost wiped all our buds out.
    Some of my best stands over look apple trees

do you have any autumn olive there. its a bush with red berries on it. they will take over a field in a heart beat. dont know if deer will eat them but a lot of other game will.

We hunt around russian olive late in the year when the white stuff is flying seen alot of does picking at them. Is the russian olive the same thing?......

Quote Originally Posted by duanelane View Post
    We hunt around russian olive late in the year when the white stuff is flying seen alot of does picking at them. Is the russian olive the same thing?......

no. the russian olive is a tree that has thorns on it and grows up 20 feet high or more. the autumn olive is a bush that has red berries on it. it will only grow about 5-6 feet high. bad thing is they spread fast and hard to get rid of. the berries are eatable after a frost. I ate some last year before a frost and my lips are still pucker.the berries make a real good jam.

Quote Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
    do you have any autumn olive there. its a bush with red berries on it. they will take over a field in a heart beat. dont know if deer will eat them but a lot of other game will.

we got those things all over, I like em for the cover but they sure do try to take everything over. I didn't know deer ate the berries.

we got those things all over, I like em for the cover but they sure do try to take everything over. I didn't know deer ate the berries.
    I have never saw deer eat then. they use the thickets for cover. but I have never saw a deer actually eat the berries.