You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Need help starting a food plot

Has anyone ever used throw & gro by evolved harvest? I know it's a little late to start one but thought this stuff would come up quick.

Never tried it.

But it is just about time to put in those fall food plots! i got some red clover for one that I want to put in this weekend and rye for a couple other plots.

Tis the season!

PS. of course IMHO- Most of the prepackage seeds for food plots are just over priced fancy packaging. Most of the seeds you can buy at you local farm elevator at half the price.

Now get to farmin!

Well I thought of that but didn't know if I bought say red clover if I can just put it a small seeder that you would use on your yard and be ok or not. I don't have a tractor or any equipment to go all out and this stuff says you can just throw it out on the ground and it will grow?

I tried some red clover but didn't get thr results I was looking for??????Haven't seen a single Whitetail in my patch yet??????
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by jg-32 View Post
    Well I thought of that but didn't know if I bought say red clover if I can just put it a small seeder that you would use on your yard and be ok or not. I don't have a tractor or any equipment to go all out and this stuff says you can just throw it out on the ground and it will grow?

Do you have a way to work up the ground? I'm not fimiliar with any of the no till seeds out there.

A small seeder will work on alot of different seeds. Rye, clover, and most of the prepackaged stuff is on the small side. Get the dirt scratched up and more importantly is fertilizer. Doesn't matter how much or what it is without fertilizer it's not going to grow, lots of lime and triple 12 or 19. I try to put on 100 to 150 pounds a acre.