You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jg-32 View Post
    doe #1 doe team #1
    Congrats,nice doe......
    2010 PSE AXE 7

Way to go jg.
    FBSA Member

thanks OMF and red, hopfully will get some more this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jg-32 View Post
    being the gmc guy that I am i would have to pass on the ford
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post

X3
    Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers

GMC? Might as well drive an Oldsmobile. GM makes a nice luxury truck.
    FBSA Member

Well buckslayer I hate to see you do all the work for Team 3.

Shot her last night, had a choice between her and alittle spike. It;'s to early in the season to shoot spikes so hopefully he'll comne back and see me in a year or two.

Shot her with a rage two blade, hit a little high but was sure I got both lungs. I got a good view of where the arrow hit and knew she wouldn't go far but could only find blood the first 30 yards or so which was leading into a thick swamp with a creek in the middle. After looking for a hour or so I walked up and got the dogs. Let me tell you if it's legal in your state there is nothing better than having a dog that will track a wounded deer. My old dog tracked real slow and was easy to follow, this new dog I got is just over a year old and he goes way to fast, we over shot her trail twice and had to back track a few time before he took me to her. I;m hoping he slows down with alittle more age. She went though a swamp and across a creek about 125 to 150 yards from where I shot her.

When I skinned her out last night, the right hind quarter was miss colored and had a real runny look to it. After looking it over I see someone put a slug hole that went in her butt and just under the hide and out her side by the ribs. That hide quarter is junk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C38875F.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	26060 - t3h 3d shoots  

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post

Shot her last night, had a choice between her and alittle spike. It;'s to early in the season to shoot spikes so hopefully he'll comne back and see me in a year or two.

Shot her with a rage two blade, hit a little high but was sure I got both lungs. I got a good view of where the arrow hit and knew she wouldn't go far but could only find blood the first 30 yards or so which was leading into a thick swamp with a creek in the middle. After looking for a hour or so I walked up and got the dogs. Let me tell you if it's legal in your state there is nothing better than having a dog that will track a wounded deer. My old dog tracked real slow and was easy to follow, this new dog I got is just over a year old and he goes way to fast, we over shot her trail twice and had to back track a few time before he took me to her. I;m hoping he slows down with alittle more age. She went though a swamp and across a creek about 125 to 150 yards from where I shot her.

When I skinned her out last night, the right hind quarter was miss colored and had a real runny look to it. After looking it over I see someone put a slug hole that went in her butt and just under the hide and out her side by the ribs. That hide quarter is junk.
    Congrats Gator

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Notice the gas can?

After finding her I walked up to get the 4- wheeler to bring her in. I left the machine idling while I loaded her cause it was really dark last night and I wanted the headlights, I left the flashlight on the bench when I walked the dogs up to the house. Got her all loaded and jumped on the machine, hit the gas and blaaa. DANG-IT run out of gas.
    Started to walk back to the house and it's dark. So dark you can't hardly see your hand infrount of your face. the worst part was walking out of the swamp and crossing the creek. Needless to say you know when you step in that black swampy muck and it sucks your shoes off your feet??? Well it's even worst when it happens in the dark. Anyway I finally make it to the house of course no gas. get the hose stick it in the lawn mower, it's cold won't need that again intil next May, and suck up a mouth full of gas. Blaak!!! and the worst part about this whole story..............I'm out of beer and don't even have a half a can laying around to wash the gas taste out of my mouth.

Somedays are just that way.

Congrats on a slimey hind quarter doe...............
    2010 PSE AXE 7

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

thats 1 way ta go
    has gun season opened before archery there

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    thats 1 way ta go
    has gun season opened before archery there

Kind of.......they have a youth and disabled hunt before bow season starts.

Aim small Miss small Buckslayer24's Avatar

Congrats Gator.
    Apparently "i'm sorry" and "my bad" mean the same thing, except at a funeral.

In 4 days i will be getting layed off for the next 2 months !....... so hopefully i will be able to start contributeing . season ben open 2 wks now havent had a day off starting to have with draw sympthoms.......

Our season opened today. Warm and humid out, yuck. Come-on November.
    FBSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by red44 View Post
    Our season opened today. Warm and humid out, yuck. Come-on November.
    Good luck hope you kill a good one

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Sat in the woods tonight with my nephew in a nearby stand. It was cooler tonight. He had a spike around him for almost an hour, only had a frontal opportunity which he passed on.
    We noticed on the way out, mushrooms everywhere just poking through the pine needles. Going to try those two stands again tomorrow evening. We've done good out of those two stands but it always involves those mushrooms being around. Not an oak in sight so it is'nt acorns there. Between us two and those two stands we average a deer a year combined from those 2stands. Mushrooms rule when the weather is right for them. (for the deer )
    FBSA Member

I hit the trees last night too. I passed on a spike early then the wind started playing funny games with me. Saw lots of deer, couple of nice bucks across the field, but a few older does had my number early in the evening and they made sure to bust me ever half hour or so to make sure everything in a half mile section knew where I was.

Got to love those crusty old bags.

Stinkin blabbermouths! I don't mind if one blows at me, but some of them just go off like a steam train, on and on, and on. I enjoy whacking one of those sweet tasting wind bags.
    Out in the same spot tonight, again action at my nephews stand. He bumped one right under his stand when he walked in. He tx'd me. I replied there is something there they want (I think those shrooms). He had a 6pt come in later at 20 yards, noodling around the forest floor for food,wind perfect, relaxed deer. The crash I heard from my stand I thought there was a car vs tree reck down there in the swamp near the nephews stand. It was the 6pt leaving in a hurry. I was thumbing the keys to ask him what the heck was going on when my phone started buzzing (which just screws with my spelling) He'd shot, low though, not sure. I made my way down to his spot, one look at the arrow told most of the story. Clean dry shaft, one fletch had a reddish smear, we did follow a sparce blood trail for a ways, and bumped the deer twice. He never bedded.
    I figure he just grazed him, the arrow indicates it did not go through anything. His first miss with a bow. He does'nt get a shot every year but he's been money when he does. I guess he is human. He's been texting me some tonight and feels awful, I told him it surely was'nt a bad hit and the deer will live to piss him off again. Fun stuff. I have'nt seen a deer yet but I'm having fun being out there.
    FBSA Member

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Default 14 ptr

hey red, here is my deer i shot last weekend. it is a 14 ptr but i have already taken him to the butcher shop and the taxidermy but i can assure you that this is a legit kill. just ask rage it. i am going to try and post a few pics. the other guy in the picture is my son bowman 90 and the last picture is what a 2 blade rage will do to one. oh, and yes there is 2 holes in him the 1st was in through the spine and came through the shoulder blade and the 2nd is of course the killing shot. hope this bumps us up in the standings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chris deer october 14th 008.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	165.0 KB 
ID:	26105 - t3h 3d shoots   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chris deer october 14th 011.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	26106 - t3h 3d shoots   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chris deer october 14th 013.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	164.3 KB 
ID:	26107 - t3h 3d shoots   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chris deer october 14th 003.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	165.1 KB 
ID:	26108 - t3h 3d shoots  
    Last edited by wilkersonhunter; 10-20-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff