You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default New target arrow building concept for 2013

Before I tell you all the great benefits this system I come up with; any one want to make a guess what are benefits and downside of using this system like this comparing to the traditional glue in points?
    New target arrow building concept for 2013 - General Archery Forum
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com Phone: (815) 780-1695 URL: http://www.firenock.com
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company.
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™, AeroInsert™, Lightning Nock®, AeroBolt™, and Hydro® systems.
    Use ProString, Posten Stabs

would be a + for me, but since I already use carbon and they have the internal insert and screw in points same with alum... you must be making this for wood only and there it may be a + if you use 125 gr points and only that size... a lot of the trad archers like very heavy points so you would have to carry from 100, 125, 145, and even maybe up to 175 gr point...
    Bill Olmesdahl
    Gibertville rod and gun club NY
    Sand Dune archers of Myrtle Beach SC
    Senior archers of Oneonta NY

Unless your changing the weight of your tips all the time I can't see a whole lot of advantage.

they would come in handy if your shooting a class that requires screw in tips.

Talking A little known fact !

My points are " ALL SCREW IN " !

I use to have glued nocks ( found at the other end of the arrow , down by the vanes ) , along time ago !

Just ask as you will get an answer here !

It appears to me that one size insert fits two shaft diameters. If that is the case, the small dia arrow could be a pain to pull under some situations and possibly have inserts pull out.

On the other hand and if either of those conditions exist, I'm sure you will come up with something else to sell that may remedy any issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBee View Post
    It appears to me that one size insert fits two shaft diameters. If that is the case, the small dia arrow could be a pain to pull under some situations and possibly have inserts pull out.

On the other hand and if either of those conditions exist, I'm sure you will come up with something else to sell that may remedy any issue.
    The insert is a hybrid system, you first glue the thinner shaft to the thinner shoulder first, then the entire unit insert and carbon tube together got glue into the bigger shaft. So now you have created an insert that is as long as you wanted and both carbon tube are have the same anchor on the insert.
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com Phone: (815) 780-1695 URL: http://www.firenock.com
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company.
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™, AeroInsert™, Lightning Nock®, AeroBolt™, and Hydro® systems.
    Use ProString, Posten Stabs

Quote Originally Posted by Firenock View Post
    ...any one want to make a guess what are benefits and downside of using this system.....
    Now that (I think) I understand the concept, a benefit would be more control over FOC, but on the other hand, getting the arrow spine set-up correctly could be a hand full.
    Last edited by MickeyBee; 09-18-2012 at 10:30 PM.