You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Loud rip cord rest problem

Ok, I've had a rip code on my on my bow for 1 1/2 years now and for some reason it's making a loud snapping noise when I shoot. I took it to a dealer and he agreed it was the rest and we paper tuned it and it was out. The rest wasn't falling fast enough and the vanes were hitting the rest. The dealer tore the rest apart and cleaned it and put on a longer string saying it would help it drop faster. We went back to paper tune it and it definetly shoots better but is still loud. He said the only fix was to put on a different rest. I put some thin foam padding on the riser to try and silence it but it's still loud and you can see the finger marking in the foam from the rest. Im shooting a 09 Hoyt katera witch is set at 64lb and 29" draw shooting 311fps. Any help would be great. I'm considering going to a qad hd because I heard there more tunable then the rip code and thinking that would help?

Not sure what the answer is.......the rip cord I had I used a foam pad on the drop site and it did the trick. the problem I had with the rip cord was the noise my arrows made when drawing accross the lancher.

I know for a fact the spring inside wears after sometime and they tend to hit the shelf harder than they did when new!!!!!Go Get yourself a Qad HDX and your problem will be solved!!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Well when we took the rip cord apart the spring did look wore but wouldn't the same thing happen on the QAD rest? They have a spring in them too don't they?