You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Talking Here's what I think !

Quote Originally Posted by rage-it View Post
    Nice Carps glad you put one on the ground keep it up

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
    Thanks , I brought more rage broadheads !

I guess i'm the odd man out here!!!I still love and use Slick tricks,great for killing cats among otherthings!!!!!! ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp I just Peed myself laughing Mate
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

How do you like them slik tricks im about out of thunder heads and was thinking the sliks or the fixed g5 come turkey season...........

Talking A little known fact !

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I guess i'm the odd man out here!!!I still love and use Slick tricks,great for killing cats among otherthings!!!!!! ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp I just Peed myself laughing Mate
    I did see a cat while out hunting the timber today !

I passed on it !

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    I did see a cat while out hunting the timber today !

I passed on it !

Thats only because it was to small!!! You were flat out seeing it little lone hitting it!!!!Although your deer are the size of a medium size Dog I guess!!!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

I tried rage one time and I shot a nice buck at 25 yards and looked like i smoked it. well after finding my arrow i had 6 inches of blood up the arrow. So it pulled out the same way it went in. I gave up on them after one deer. now i shoot wac ems 125 xl. They have 1 1/4 cutting. I have shot a deer at 87, 65, 72, 40 yards and they all had pass throughs and not one of those deer went more then 100 yards. Just having to deal with them mechanical broadheads suck, when i had that broadhead with me i was all ways worried about them opening up, or if they some how come open when im pulling back or if you are walking in and have to pull a arrow out of your quiver and the blades are open then have to put them back in. I just dont like them. JUST TO MUCH TO WORRY ABOUT

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Thats only because it was to small!!! You were flat out seeing it little lone hitting it!!!!Although your deer are the size of a medium size Dog I guess!!!!!
    Ok there Aussie , you can feed a whole tribe on that island of yours for a week with just one of our cornfeed Iowan deer , mate ! ............................................................................................

I still like rage broadheads !~

Tryed another one out this morning in desmoines it flew true but still cant get a pass threw, she only went 40 feet though.........

Quote Originally Posted by duanelane View Post
    Tryed another one out this morning in desmoines it flew true but still cant get a pass threw, she only went 40 feet though.........
    Way to go !

My issue with Rage is they took a good working 1 3/8 head, increased it to 2, and inflated the hell out of it with advertising. I don't remember hearing or reading that the 1 3/8 snyper did'n't pass through, never. A 2" head just might kill a deer, but you have to be able to find it, and it helps if you have an exit wound. I have issues with Rage. Money grabbing SOB's at the deer's and hunters expense. The deer's going to die, but are you going to find it? Screw them.
    FBSA Member

I still plan to use Rage broadheads , as the newer ones seem to lock better thaqnn those made a few years ago and I LIKE PASS THREWS ON MY CRITTERS !

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    I still plan to use Rage broadheads , as the newer ones seem to lock better thaqnn those made a few years ago and I LIKE PASS THREWS ON MY CRITTERS !

Pass thru's with a Jennings at 2 feet away. Come on Carpy! It had to be a shorter distance.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    NEED A STRING OR A SLING? PM OR EMAIL US @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    Check us out at bowstringdepot.com Now Open

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Pass thru's with a Jennings at 2 feet away. Come on Carpy! It had to be a shorter distance.

Hutch

In my final count, two deer down with rage broadheads, one went about 40 yards with a good shot and the other made it probably around 500 yards with a shot that was alittle to far back which only caught one lung, liver, diaphram. It wasn't pretty and I didn't get a good blood trail but they did the job.

Next year I will be back to my slick tricks just because they always pass through with a nice hole and I usually get a great blood trail even on so so shots.

Final thought, for the money I'm going back to slick tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    In my final count, two deer down with rage broadheads, one went about 40 yards with a good shot and the other made it probably around 500 yards with a shot that was alittle to far back which only caught one lung, liver, diaphram. It wasn't pretty and I didn't get a good blood trail but they did the job.

Next year I will be back to my slick tricks just because they always pass through with a nice hole and I usually get a great blood trail even on so so shots.

Final thought, for the money I'm going back to slick tricks.
    Now here's a guy with Style!!!!==========================================I find the Magnums fly and kill the best!!!Grizz trick is A.O.K but unless your using a 4" quickspin they tend to wonder around alitle!!IMO
    Last edited by Westy; 12-27-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Talking A little known fact !

I'm a rage lover , through and though !

Hit them with a thunder head and there dead !!!......