You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Hunting celeb disapointment.

Rick and Julie. Never thought I would say it, but i am disapointed after what I saw on TV tonight.
    FBSA Member

Miles and miles of apparent open country to hunt. You really have to plow/plant, set water tanks, drop mineral blocks, just to hunt? I call that the HOOVER method (Bait) SUCKING THEM IN.
    You might call it improving their habitat, and I might agree if you were'nt going to shoot one for a show.
    If you go after the animals where they are it is called hunting IMO.
    If you have to draw them TO you with artificial food, and water tanks, to be able to see/shoot one, there is another word for it - fishing. And I'm being kind at that.
    Last edited by red44; 09-20-2012 at 09:23 PM.
    FBSA Member

I guess you have to show off the products for the advertisers.

For some reason I actually paid attention tonight. Guess I should stick to watching the weather channel. At least they try to be accurate.
    FBSA Member

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    This.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    Oh man don't get me goin on these half hour infomercail they call hunting shows.
    IMHO these so called hunting shows have ruined the true sprit of hunting and have made a generation of greedy and selfish horn hunters. Just go over to AT and anounce you killed a legal 3 point while he was facing you and watch the sparks fly as they call you everything but a legal hunter. It's my tag and what I decide to use it on is my business. I can't hardly go on that site anymore because of all the self rightous, greedy horn hunting pricks.

Not that I care mind you .........

I have'nt an issue with AT. It's a big place with alot of members, and take what I consider the negatives with a grain of salt. There's plenty of meat hunters there too they just are'nt as outspoken.
    You said it, a 30 minute infomercial. I never noticed this with the Kreuders (sp) before. I have a regular job and have no idea what it's involved to stay marketable in the hunting show industry. It's easy to say I would not bend my standards, having that regular job and all. I would hate to think I would become a baiter to satisfy a sponsor. I think the mineral blocks and water tanks pissed me off the most. A food plot can be a hundred acres or more. A block or tank (or a tripod corn-slinging contaption) brings them to a spot.
    Not HUNTING. It's harvesting, like a hereford at the water troth.
    I'm OK with harvesting a cow/pig/poultry, just lets not be decieving and call it hunting because it's deer. I don't see Elk or Mountain Goats or Bighorn rams being drawn in to water tanks or food bait. You actually have to go after them. - Hunting.
    FBSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Oh man don't get me goin on these half hour infomercail they call hunting shows.
    IMHO these so called hunting shows have ruined the true sprit of hunting and have made a generation of greedy and selfish horn hunters. Just go over to AT and anounce you killed a legal 3 point while he was facing you and watch the sparks fly as they call you everything but a legal hunter. It's my tag and what I decide to use it on is my business. I can't hardly go on that site anymore because of all the self rightous, greedy horn hunting pricks.

Not that I care mind you .........
    Hey Gator ------Why don't you tell us how you really feel??????
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by red44 View Post
    Rick and Julie. Never thought I would say it, but i am disapointed after what I saw on TV tonight.
    Us uneducated Aussies will have to goggle Rick and Julie?????As of yet they haven't let me down????LOL
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Us uneducated Aussies will have to goggle Rick and Julie?????As of yet they haven't let me down????LOL
    A married couple who has been doing hunting shows for a few years. Lets face it they are both HOT.
    Good looking couple with children who I always enjoyed watching on they're hunts. Seemed like regular folks like us. Something has changed.
    FBSA Member

A married couple who has been doing hunting shows for a few years. Lets face it they are both HOT.
    Good looking couple with children who I always enjoyed watching on they're hunts. Seemed like regular folks like us. Something has changed.
    Like you said, got to keep the sponser money coming in.

As my Girl Cindy Said in the 80's

http://youtu.be/6PwtRCeL_a8

Sponge 4 bowhunting info Where's Bruce?'s Avatar
    South OC, People's Republik of Mexifornistan

Default Yeah

I've never used bait, hunted food plots, sat in a treestand or done anything other than spot and stalk. Probably wouldn't be much of a television show, i strike out 10-12 times for every kill.
    11 Hoyt Carbon Element 65lb draw, Spot Hogg Hunter sight, QAD HDX drop-away rest, 8 Axion Gridlock 3D Hunter stabilizer, Archer Xtreme Carbon Vapor (camo dipped) quiver w/ riser-mounted Stealth Cam EPIC videocamera.