You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Whats the strangest thing you have shot accidentally?

Whats the strangest thing you have shot accidentally?

I have a 20yard range in the basement. My accidental shot was when I pulled back on by bow and it shot off (bad release which now I have a new one). It went through an electric frying pan and a canning pot. I still have the arrow shoots fine.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    NEED A STRING OR A SLING? PM OR EMAIL US @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    Check us out at bowstringdepot.com Now Open

The bond plank over the freezer when my string loop broke, nose still gets twitchy some times when I draw back...the cold air return duct in my Dad's basement, arrow is still in there...lol. We won't discuss his basement window...
    Mathews Switchback 63# 29"
    Victory Arrows and FOBs!

I had a complete pass through on the heating duct in my basement.

The metal support pole in the middle of the basement also makes a really neat and loud bell sound when hit with target arrow.

Humm lets see what else??

I got a few hole in the dry wall. and arrows don't hold up well when they hit concrete walls. Oh and I almost.....I got a complete pass through on the back wall of my pole barn too.

What can I say.....when it comes to a hinge release I was a slow learner.

Talking A little known fact !

I missed my FINA target at forty yards in my garage and did put a hole through the wall and siding !

Now you know and you are !

blue Dodge at 103 yards learning BT and it got away from me

Red. PSE Supra ME
    Black. PSE Supra ME

I was setin on my couch seting up a tm hunter type of rest one morning and put a 2117 on to check my nocking point. for some reason i grabed the string in one hand the grip in the other and pulled it about 3 inches my fingers sliped the arrow went flying sraight to my wifes prize 5lb crapie mount yep a pass threw............

Nothing weird but I shoot in the basement also, main house to an addition through a doorway wide hole. Screwing arround with a recurve I hit left of the doorway and the arrow coming back FAST! Hit sideways () on the hot water tank then under my feet. You think you can move fast enough to avoid harm, but sometimes sheit happens too fast!
    And then there was the time the ramrod broke off down the barrell... and I figured a few grains under the nipple would push it out.....
    Still haven't found the brass jag and the wife has'nt asked where that comforter went.
    Last edited by red44; 10-15-2012 at 10:43 PM.
    FBSA Member

Default the guy

was at a local indoor twenty yard shoot in a park building,,,,this guy that owned the local gun store and thought he was the the best and had the best/ he always drew his to heavy bow way up in the air....well his realse went off and he hit away up in the rafters of the building,,,,some guys started talking about premature ejaculation and the next weekend he did it again........

we use to bet this guy a dollar he couldn't hit a pipe,,,,he tore up 8 arrows before ,he learned what was going on.....

I shot a bright yellow soft ball at 30 yards still have the ball.tape:

Mr. Howlindawgs put an arrow into the gas tank of a '68 Plymouth Fury. You should have seen me racing around looking for containers There's still an arrow sticking out of the oil pan too, LOL

Default Basement door

I used to have a walkout basement with a sliding thermopane door. It was a cold and windy day, so I thought I would stand in the basement and shoot out the doorway to my practice bales. Had a nature call and went upstairs to use the bathroom. Came back down to shoot a couple more shots. On my first shot, my only thought was.....I don't remember the target being so blurry. When the shot broke, there was a loud crack. Followed by several minutes of crackling while the tempered glass slowly cracked through the whole window. Forgot I had shut the door before going upstairs. That was a $500 shot. On the bright side, it was a perfect bullet hole and the arrow made it 2/3 of the way to the target and was still in perfect shape.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 BO NUT View Post
    I used to have a walkout basement with a sliding thermopane door. It was a cold and windy day, so I thought I would stand in the basement and shoot out the doorway to my practice bales. Had a nature call and went upstairs to use the bathroom. Came back down to shoot a couple more shots. On my first shot, my only thought was.....I don't remember the target being so blurry. When the shot broke, there was a loud crack. Followed by several minutes of crackling while the tempered glass slowly cracked through the whole window. Forgot I had shut the door before going upstairs. That was a $500 shot. On the bright side, it was a perfect bullet hole and the arrow made it 2/3 of the way to the target and was still in perfect shape.
    Ouch that hurt the wallet.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    NEED A STRING OR A SLING? PM OR EMAIL US @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    Check us out at bowstringdepot.com Now Open

Quote Originally Posted by 1 BO NUT View Post

Ouch