You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bow Kills

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    That's some shootin' there son...
    I cast an arrow at 1 of these lil devils 1 time did not hit em.. Man will they ever rat you out when d hunting . I have often pruposed for everybody to take 50 lb of rat feed in the woods at a favorite WMA.
    At other times have bout fell out he stand laughing at this rascals as they fight each other and on a slow day they are some company. HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

deer , turkey, squerrl, ground hog, carp, boar, and maybe the local cat population if i find them around my birdfeeders!!!!

All the cats I know are my neighbors and I just could'nt do to my friends although I am mighty tempeted to ,only I'd use a 22 cause I sure don't want to miss or mess up a shot.HS.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    its wild house cat........that isall I will say.....

oh and I forgot a woodchuck......
    All cats are feral in my neighborhood. Right after we kill them and remove their collar and tags they become feral.
    Diamond Black Ice :::::: 28/70 :

WB Rest: Dead Nuts 3 Pin
    Sims S-Coil: Soft-Loc 5
    Muzzy 100 3 Blade
    Easton Obsession

"VEGETARIAN"-An old indian
    word meaning, a bad hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by blackice4slaying View Post
    All cats are feral in my neighborhood. Right after we kill them and remove their collar and tags they become feral.
    Poor kitty's.HS

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    Not to cause divisional parts to our counrty or fellowship but here in the South this critter(wood chuck) is called a big ol fat ground hog. Cooked in a pot and then baked with bbq sauce and some carrots, taters, and onions is pretty tasty. I have got a couple of these with my bow, several with a 22 . We ahd a ground hog contest 1 yr at the archery club ,the biggest 1 won. I did not get it but had a big time stalking this exotic critter. HS we sometimes call em Whistle pigs
    we sometimes call um range maggots.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

five deer and one coyote. the deer weren't any monsters, mostly does and one nine pointer, not a mounter. Missed a really big at only 15 yards, rushed the shot, and a tree branch got in the way on another good sized one. I can smoke a doe at 30 yards with my eyes closed but have a clean miss on a 150 class at 15 yards. He was following a doe and would not come any closer then 30 yards from her. It was getting dark, the doe was ten yards from me and he was 40. After about 5 minutes of this he lets out this loud grunt, almost sounds like the buck growl. He starts bolting towards her and when he is 15 yards from me I grunt with my mouth as loud as I can and he stops facing me. I have the pin buried between his two front quarters but did not take the shot. He then turns broadside and as I move my bow up to shoot I release before the pin is on him. Had to tell the story, it might help with my emotional breakdown and my therapy. Still glad I didn't take the head on shot, although it still crosses my mind, "what if?"

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Clover & Oats View Post
    five deer and one coyote. the deer weren't any monsters, mostly does and one nine pointer, not a mounter. Missed a really big at only 15 yards, rushed the shot, and a tree branch got in the way on another good sized one. I can smoke a doe at 30 yards with my eyes closed but have a clean miss on a 150 class at 15 yards. He was following a doe and would not come any closer then 30 yards from her. It was getting dark, the doe was ten yards from me and he was 40. After about 5 minutes of this he lets out this loud grunt, almost sounds like the buck growl. He starts bolting towards her and when he is 15 yards from me I grunt with my mouth as loud as I can and he stops facing me. I have the pin buried between his two front quarters but did not take the shot. He then turns broadside and as I move my bow up to shoot I release before the pin is on him. Had to tell the story, it might help with my emotional breakdown and my therapy. Still glad I didn't take the head on shot, although it still crosses my mind, "what if?"
    This really makes a man wanna HS

opps I need to add to my list, we usto go in the ditches when they shut the water off and shoot the heck out of the trout and takem home, was fun chasin them, water was about 2 feet deep, also nailed a few rock chucks and a porky pine... o and clover&oats, at 15 yards i would take a front on shot any day of the week, I shot a small whity buck at about 29 yards, and my buddy has taken 3 bull elk both dead on facin him, first one was a dandy 6x6 at about 55 yards, went about 60 yards and fell over dead, the second was a rag horn at 25 yards, he went about 25 yards and fell over, and the other was a nice 6x6 at 8 yards, nailed it dead center right in the neck, it droped on the spot. You want to make sure you gettem in the center though, not to far to the left or right.

Quote Originally Posted by bullspotter View Post
    opps I need to add to my list, we usto go in the ditches when they shut the water off and shoot the heck out of the trout and takem home, was fun chasin them, water was about 2 feet deep, also nailed a few rock chucks and a porky pine... o and clover&oats, at 15 yards i would take a front on shot any day of the week, I shot a small whity buck at about 29 yards, and my buddy has taken 3 bull elk both dead on facin him, first one was a dandy 6x6 at about 55 yards, went about 60 yards and fell over dead, the second was a rag horn at 25 yards, he went about 25 yards and fell over, and the other was a nice 6x6 at 8 yards, nailed it dead center right in the neck, it droped on the spot. You want to make sure you gettem in the center though, not to far to the left or right.
    You are so right on the dead center shot. It is a very high % shot . It is like hitting the x ring. How many times can the average fella do that standing still under all but perfect conditions. If a fella might wait he could get that right shot which would almost gaurantee him the animal . If not animals are creatures of habit and habitat he will be somewhere close by.

Our world of instant gratification and a competive spirit and pride ( not producing) has spoiled us as humane hunters. I would hate to see one run off with my arrow and never find him and the maggots eat him slowly . HS

Default Jumping Carp

I've got some friends in the Terre Haute area that have been shooting these water rats with shotguns and bows on the Wabash. If you get your motor speed just right, they'll jump pretty close to the boat. They've been using bow fishing rigs and shooting em like they were shooting skeet. They had a ball but made a real mess of the boat. These things are pretty thin skinned and they bleed like a double lunged buck. They had a show on the Outdoor channel and one of the guys on the show dropped his $600 compound in the river. Never did find it, so he started using an old recurve. That might have been a good choice to start out with. Some folks have been severely injured and I;ve heard of a couple fatalities from people getting hit at high speeds and knocked out of the boat. One guy lost an eye. These fish average about 10 lbs around here.
    Doc
    PSE XXXX Force,
    X-Force 7
    Moneymaker NI

literaly, anything and everything in season!!
    Diamond Victory 29"/55#
    Gold Tip XT Hunters
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn
    Copper John Dead Nuts
    Muzzy MX4 100 gr.

People Eating Tasty Animals

Remember, a Diamond lasts forever!

Let"s see carp, rabbit ,sparrow, Mnt grouse,fox squrriel, gray squrriel,truck loads of deers,feral dog,black bear,a few trees, coiled copperhead tahts about it. HS

none harvested I just purchased my first bow. But I currently have seven snakes, two lizards, and an egyptian toad if that helps any?

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by n2t View Post
    none harvested I just purchased my first bow. But I currently have seven snakes, two lizards, and an egyptian toad if that helps any?
    only if you plan on shooting them
    No I'm not dead

actualy I was planning on shooting the bow.

to the fourmn n2t. You gonna love it. enjoy that new bow and my you harvest many animals. HS

how do you get the snakes stiff enough and to hold still long enough to launch them from your bow?????
    I cut things up and split them down!

Thanks for the welcome. How do I get the snakes to shoot? I point them at PETA members.