You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Quiver

Default Quiver

So I am starting a shooting league and going to be going to some competitions soon and need to pick up a quiver. Right now I have my six arrow on bow quiver that broke off my bow, so I went to Home Depot and bought an extension cord velcro wrap and a belt swivel and just use that... But I don't want to look like a total DIYer... I don't want to spend $100 on a belt quiver, so does anyone know how to tell one from another on quality?

Are you looking for quality or cheap?

You can get cheap just about anywhere, it really depends on how hard you are on your quiver how long it will last.

If I were to go purchase one, I would be looking at all the seams, making sure there are no loose threads in important spots. The only loose threads should be where the seamstress stopped sewing. Or if things are glued, just make sure there are no gaps.

I honestly don't know what is out there anymore. It's been years since I have looked since I started making them (No, I don't make them anymore)

Good Luck in your search!

Choice is up to you...I have one Wheely made and I also have an Easton one I bought used off AT. They are both excellent and did not cost $100.
    Mathews Switchback 63# 29"
    Victory Arrows and FOBs!

I have a couple of belt clip kid quivers that I'm sure were not close to $100. You don't need to carry a doz arrows in a expensive quiver, just what gets the job done.
    I'm holding out, hoping for Wheely to jump back in the game.
    FBSA Member

Since wheely isn't making her custom ones anymore...

The options for factory make quivers are pretty wide. You'll need to decide between a field quiver (arrows are more vertical but lean a bit behind you) or a target quiver (arrows are more horizontal and they stick out in front of you a bit). There are a lot of quivers around the $50 range that are nice and there are some cheaper and some over $100. I personally use a Vista Padre that was around $50 new but I did have to redo the sewing on a seam that basically holds the two parts of the quiver together but I like it's organization of pockets and stuff. My next quiver is going to be an Aurora Shark quiver though.

i have the Aurora Shark and some seams did rip, its about 2 years old now. im waiting on my angel quiver now.

FIST makes an awesome quiver. Its made out of all leather and will last a life time. Good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
    Are you looking for quality or cheap?

You can get cheap just about anywhere, it really depends on how hard you are on your quiver how long it will last.

If I were to go purchase one, I would be looking at all the seams, making sure there are no loose threads in important spots. The only loose threads should be where the seamstress stopped sewing. Or if things are glued, just make sure there are no gaps.

I honestly don't know what is out there anymore. It's been years since I have looked since I started making them (No, I don't make them anymore)

Good Luck in your search!
    So what does a guy have to do to talk you back into the game... Would love to have one made with love! Lets make it happen!!