You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default hoty vantage elite

hey guys I'm looking at getting a new vantage elite this yr . my question is the difference between the spiral x vs gtx cam. my big thing his the valley & the speeds for each one.if you guys could help out I would klike to know whta your getting out of your Vantage elites.

lbs.
    arrow
    arrow weight
    speed

Thnaks alot

I had a VE with spirals. Hated it, I just never clicked with this set up, I didn't like the long riser on the VE and struggled with site picture and the spirals kicked my butt. They are very unforgiving and will jerk your shoulder out any time you relax.

I switched it out for a CE with cam .5 plus, I really like this set up for paper punching. Smooth draw and easy on the shoulder, balances out real well with a good set of bars.

Can't really help you out on speeds, I just punch paper with these bows and have never run a arrow through a chrono. Although I had a alpha elite with the rkt cams when I was shooting alot of 3d and it was fast, I was shooting Fatboys with 80 grain tips and it was shooting around 305 fps. But I feel what you gain in speed you lose in stability with the AE. It is a hard bow to get set up and shoot consistently.

GiDay Gattor i was looking at Getting A AE you reckon there not all that then ??????? I shot one last week andI loved it!!!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

They're a good bow if you got good form but they will tell on you with any break down and for me, I had a hard time getting it set up to where I was totally comfortable with it. I was using it for field along with 3d and on the longer field targets I would always shove one to the side, more so than when I use my CE. I might be a bad example cause I like longer ATA bows and have never really got along with anything shorter than 37" Anything shorter than 37 inch and the string angle and peep height mess with me and I have a hard time getting a solid anchor point.

Besides for the money if you are lookin at used you can get a VE or a CE with 2000 limbs and with alittle tweeking get about the same speeds as the AE.

But don't let me talk you out of a AE, there are alot of people that can shoot the lights out with one, I'm just not one of them. If you have run some shots through one you already know whether you can handle it or not.

Good luck Mate