You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    NW Ohio

Default finding the right bow

My 13 y.o. daughter has done archery in school and love it, we bought her her own bow for Christmas. My husband bought him a bow because he has decided he would like to shoot with her. Our dilemma is our 9 y.o. son. He is very small, and my husband feel he should get him one also, so there is no jealousy between them. We do not want to spend a lot on a bow for him because we do not know if he will want to shoot. We need a 6-12# draw strength due to his size. Anyone have any sugesstions on a compound bow that is good quality and inexpensive?

Thank you

I started my daughter off with a mini genesis kit . It is only 2 lbs 6 to 12 lbs draw weight and a 14 to 25 inch draw length. The kit came with every thing she neaded to start for 200. i bealive. she used it for 2 yrs then graduated to a biger bow now and out shoots me quite carefull its an adictave sport..........

..... .......... .......... .............

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Just be aware the Genesis has no let of; I've started a couple of kids off on a RangerIII - it has an amazing range 15-45lbs and 17-28". It can take them a long ways until they need another bow. The Diamond Atomic is another good choice and covers an even lower end; it will go down under 10# and a 12 or 14" draw, the top end is just lower.
    Bear Grizzly, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Magnus Stingers, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Default Compound bow for kids

Just bought a Lil'Banshee 15lb pull for my 7 year old grandson at Fleet Farm. It's was a bit hard for him to pull at first, but even after a couple of days he's getting the hang of it. Cost about 30.00 with 2 alum arrows.