You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Releases!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Default Releases!!!!!!

Look iknow everyones different (Carpshooter) but i'm in the market for a 3d Release andi was wanting to know what you all thought was a fair thing to buy?? So Show me yours and tell me why you like it so much!!!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

didnt cost a dime and I'll never lose it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images3-fingers.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	26164 - t3h 3d shoots  

Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    didnt cost a dime and I'll never lose it
    Well thats O.K for the novices but we want to see the real thing Tonto!!!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

what type are you thinking? thumb? or hinge?

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    what type are you thinking? thumb? or hinge?
    Thumb!!!!!

I ve used a just-b-cause from carter and had good luck with it, but I switch to a stan shootoff just because there is so much adjustment to the thing. There are no springs to change just a adjustment screw, it has a smooth crisp release and easy to reset. Only down side I've found with mine is it like to eat D-loops for some reason. I ve sent it back to Stan and they have rebuilt it but when I'm shooting alot I'll go through a d-loop just about every month.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Well thats O.K for the novices but we want to see the real thing Tonto!!!!!
    look at the Tru Ball Boss series

http://www.truball.com/BossX.html

I have shot and messed with a good number of releases....there are TONS of great releases out there.

But my current release and the one I have been shooting since the spring of 2010 is the Scott Mini Blackhole. I love this release...it fits my hand very well and is super comfortable. I shoot it with the click moon...I actually talked to Eric Griggs about getting a BIGGER click then the stock .008 or .010 and my new .014 click moon arrived today. I just got it set a bit ago.

I love this release....although I I'll be adding a Scott Longhorn Mini Pro Advantage to the release bad soon...also with a .014 click.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355621086.147979.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	26400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was the .014 clicker something they stocked or was it specially made?

I still sometimes jump at the click, I believe I have the .010 on my longhorn now.

They stock moons with clicks up to .018 maybe .020. The one I have is a limited stock item as it has a .014 click on both sides of the moon.

If your jumping at the click....you need to either change how your shooting the click or speed it up so you get to it faster. When you shoot a click you shouldn't be in the shot AT ALL when it clicks. It should either click right after you hit your anchor or right as you settle in. You don't want to be aiming at all when it clicks. Mine clicks before I even look through the peep.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    They stock moons with clicks up to .018 maybe .020. The one I have is a limited stock item as it has a .014 click on both sides of the moon.

If your jumping at the click....you need to either change how your shooting the click or speed it up so you get to it faster. When you shoot a click you shouldn't be in the shot AT ALL when it clicks. It should either click right after you hit your anchor or right as you settle in. You don't want to be aiming at all when it clicks. Mine clicks before I even look through the peep.
    Unless you're a guy like me; I have amplifiers in my ears which makes that click pretty loud. But yeah, the click should be reached BEFORE you start aiming. And that black hole IS a pretty nice unit.

Quote Originally Posted by tedlebo View Post
    Unless you're a guy like me; I have amplifiers in my ears which makes that click pretty loud. But yeah, the click should be reached BEFORE you start aiming. And that black hole IS a pretty nice unit.
    It is audible of course....but reaching it as soon as I hit my anchor makes it a "mute" point

If you have hearing like Superman....then check out a STAN. Their click is VERY soft. The click is on the hasp instead of the moon so it is more of a bump then a click. Stay away from a Zenith though....that thing would make Helen Keller jump