You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Lights on my hunting bows !

Well I'm back to trying to harvest whitetail deer again , after not using my lights on my sites for two years , I discover that two of the three didn't work ( the other hunting bow has a red dot ) . I believe in hunting as late as legal , so yes lighted sites in the timber is a must !

Thank-god that alot of makers of sites use the same light setup , as that's all I had to do after new batteries didn't work , change those from other sites off my target bows which had the lights on them !

I'm having a great time hunting !

The red dot really works great , but I like using pin sights too !

Anyone else have trouble with their sites ?

I use a light on my sights for hunting the same reason as you do I like to stay as late as I can and on my 3d bow its a must because I use a blue pin and with out a light I can't see it

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

You got the mag light taped to the stabilizer again Carp?

No lights for me. I found years ago that I didn't need a light for my pins once the fibers started getting ridiculously bright. The only time I found myself using or needing a light was with blue fiber.

With the fibers out now...even at very last light. You loose the ability to see the deer at full draw long before you loose the ability to see the pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to see your finally out in the woods hunting again Mate!!!The only problem yours truely has with his sights is knowing when to stop buying the things!!!!!The Boys are right though that blue is much harder too see in low light conditions???? Why do you reckon that is????Good Luck C.S and get one for old Westy will ya!!!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Talking A little known fact !

The Brown Hornet must not hunt in thick timber , or he goes home very early or starts hunting after the bank opens up ! ........................................................................

I can hunt in really dark light with my red dot if there's snow on the ground !

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    The Brown Hornet must not hunt in thick timber , or he goes home very early or starts hunting after the bank opens up ! ........................................................................

I can hunt in really dark light with my red dot if there's snow on the ground !

Nope none of your thoughts are correct....all I hunt is thick stuff....and when I get in the stand in the AM it's usually a good 1/2 hour at least before it starts to get light....when I get down in the evening I have to use a light to find my rope to lower my bow.

But even shooting my target bow during the summer there are plenty of times that I shoot practicing at my buddies house that he stops shooting because it's too dark. I can barely see the field face 5 ring but I can see my dot....hell even shooting on the Hill at Midnight when we park a car next to the target with the lights on and we are shooting from 90m I don't need or use a light on my sight to see my pin.

Last week I hunted for 4 days from dark till dark....I climbed my tree in the dark and came down in the dark every day. Even passed up deer during legal shooting light because I couldn't see the deer fully or couldn't tell if something was in the way brush wise....or even when it was fairly dark but still a good 1/2 hour before LEGAL shooting time was up and just didn't have a shot because the deer didn't stop in the right spot or turned the wrong way and there was no shot...I could still see my pin.

When it gets dark...like I said FOR ME....seeing the pin isn't an issue.

Talking Inquiry mind wants to know !

I'm a sucker for two things in archery , got to confess it now and they are sights and arrow rests . What are these sights that you use or write about ?

As I'm willing to see for myself !

Need to know as this is a real problem for many of us who hunt outside our homes ( I know that that doesn't work ) and we are found in the timber bowhunting at all hours of the day and have to carry an extra battery as I turn my sight's lite off to save the batttery , but things can go wrong as I live by the KISS rule too !

Dont they have street lights in that park? If so put your tree stand next to one..........

Lights on your bow Carpy? is that like deer in the headlights! Or should we say deer in the bow lights.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    NEED A STRING OR A SLING? PM OR EMAIL US @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    Check us out at bowstringdepot.com Now Open

Maybe the hoon in the red pick-up might be able to run a deer down for you Mate?????? On the other hand He misses you so that might not be such a good idea after all
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Talking Here's what I think !

I guess that I must be the most experience outdoor hunter here , as you really don't need them inside when all you got to do is hit a light switch while hunting from the comfort of your home !. ................................................................................................................................................. ......

Here Try These !!!!!! they wold look good on your Martin!!!!!Kinda reminds me of Gator for some reason??????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!cid_C8A2114054C14758A3217E47C596AD9D@moira9fe7b3ae6.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	26270 - t3h 3d shoots  

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    I guess that I must be the most experience outdoor hunter here , as you really don't need them inside when all you got to do is hit a light switch while hunting from the comfort of your home !. ................................................................................................................................................. ......

Light switch........I use the clapper........I use a viper with .19 pins glow great without a light....

Talking Good to know !

Quote Originally Posted by duanelane View Post
    Light switch........I use the clapper........I use a viper with .19 pins glow great without a light....
    I got alot of different sights on all 9 of my bows !~

I am trying a clarifyer on one bow , but like the .29 pins if I can fine them . I use Apex pin sights on my Jennings Buckmaster and Reflex Caribou and the red dot on my Hoyt Acctec .

and i thought i was a bow hog...only got 5 and a newone on the way......ps dont tell wife she still hasnt found out........

Ummmm Ahhhhhhhh Darling Duelane has a new Bow I hope shes looking over your shoulder right now??????

I've been the light route for hunting. Seems most of the time if I needed to turn it on, I had a hard time seeing beyond the pins, even with a 4 level light. I went back to no light but all green pins (which is best for me). I use the bright fiber I got from scott and son archery. Perhaps it's sold elswhere also. Comes in 2 choices, short fiber or long fiber. I use the short because I did'nt want extended fibers if I could help it with the brush I walk through getting to stands. It works for me, no lights, no batteries. I can see the pins as long as I can see a deer clearly. When I can't, time to go home for me.
    Last edited by red44; 11-24-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    FBSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Ummmm Ahhhhhhhh Darling Duelane has a new Bow I hope shes looking over your shoulder right now??????

Cant trust an aussie with anything......................Thanks alot mate....................

Quote Originally Posted by duanelane View Post
    Cant trust an aussie with anything......................Thanks alot mate....................
    Keep remembering your welcome!!!!!