You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Looking at the 2013 PSE Phenom... Looks to be in my price range with speeds around 325, weight 4.3, and an axle-axle of 36"... Might not be great in the woods but I already have one of those I will keep. So I guess this would be for my 3-D shoots and 5-spot only.

Stating the obvious but anything made in the last 10 years thats considered a good target bow is worthy of the woods. Hitting the spot is more important than how fast it hit close to the spot. A rattle can away from a hunting bow. In my neck of the woods anyway, where shots that are 30 yards or less the norm. Shoot a bow that your real comfy and accurate with for everything.
    FBSA Member

Strother moxie fits the bill for me. 37.5 ata 330 ibo.

Quote Originally Posted by red44 View Post
    Stating the obvious but anything made in the last 10 years thats considered a good target bow is worthy of the woods. Hitting the spot is more important than how fast it hit close to the spot. A rattle can away from a hunting bow. In my neck of the woods anyway, where shots that are 30 yards or less the norm. Shoot a bow that your real comfy and accurate with for everything.
    Rattle can Cammo Love it Red!!!!Might give the Alpha elite a quick spray job LOL !!!!! You almost sound like a aussie love the way you think
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Talking A little known fact !

I got bows that are over 10 years old , it's a a sign of age discrimination going on here !

I'll get over it !

No worries Carpy. Still have a PSE Phazer and Hoyt Spectra that get used. The Phazer has started several neighborhood kids, and the Spectra I still shoot fingers. I hunt with a Rival Pro that was last made in 03 (99-03, not sure on mine). My newest is a Maitland, and although it is a smooth shooter, I shoot it no better than the Rival Pro when you tally up the scores. Old bows can still hit the spot.
    MnMoose, I'm not knocking new bows, just commenting that a bow you shoot well is a hunting and target bow. If it's shiny you can fix that quick.
    FBSA Member