You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Bow for a woman with muscle disease

Our 21 yr old son just bought his own compound bow. Since I love being outside, I am hoping to tag along with him on occasion or at least for practice.

I have fibromyalgia which is a muscle disease. I'm not totally weak, but I am not strong either. I certainly don't think I could pull the Bear Charger he purchased, but I am thinking a bow could help me build some arm strength.

I am 5 ft tall. This would be my first bow. What would you recommend to start with without breaking the bank since I'm not sure how my muscles will tolerate it. What specs should I be looking for? I am 49, but would I be better off with a youth bow to start?

Appreciate any advice and recommendations. If I can tolerate it, I am hoping to get my husband to join us in the future. Thx.

Welcome to the forum!
    It would depend on what you are using it for, target or Hunting. An all around bow is the missions craze. Last time I checked the bow itself was $299 stripped. It would fit a small framed women or youth well. They have great reviews. Its draw length and draw weight are vary adjustable.
    Not sure what for a target but I am sure the rest of the bunch will chime in.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    NEED A STRING OR A SLING? PM OR EMAIL US @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    Check us out at bowstringdepot.com Now Open

Here is a link to the Craze. http://missionarchery.com/product/craze/

Here is another missions http://missionarchery.com/product/menace/

Hutch
    Last edited by Hutch; 12-30-2012 at 08:38 PM.
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    NEED A STRING OR A SLING? PM OR EMAIL US @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    Check us out at bowstringdepot.com Now Open

My daughter had a craze untill she figured out she likes the traditional gear more.Now my wife shoots it they are a good bow alot of adjustments to grow with about any one at a good price.But i heard they was going to do away with the craze , but it could just be a rumor........

Talking A little known fact !

I got a Mission Menace for my grandkids , as they still make it and is another option simular to the Mission Craze bow , but not a 70lb. top end , just 55lbs. !

Horsebow would be ok if you have interest in this kind of traditional bow. It's 35Lbs@28".This little bow is perfectly sized for the smaller framed shooter, like women, youth, and those that just can not handle heavy powerful bows.The very low brace height will help the short draw shooters get as much from it as it has to give. Surprisingly the little 48″ bow will also draw to 29″ which is longer than most of us draw.
    Horsebow, Takedown bow, Traditional recurve bow, arrows, www.archerysupplier.com/shop