You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Needs assistance with value of bow

I am new to archery so I lack a lot of knowledge that a lot of you have so I'm asking for a little advise. I was wondering what a Martin Hatfield takedown 40# is worth. The bow is about five/six years old and is in real good condition. It has a couple very small scratches.

I wanted to get my wife in to archery so I was buying a used x-200 30# for her and the guy arrived with the Martin Hatfield, x-200 and a Bear Grizzly 50#. Plus about 24 new arrows and about 30 used with three quivers. I know the x-200 should be worth around $200? The grizzly around $200? I'm not sure about the Martin Hatfield. All items are about five or six years old.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks
    RJ

I also posted this in the Archery Talk forum but haven't received any replies

to 3d shoots.

But I can't help you on your question........recurve bows are a totally different monster than compounds and i don['t know squat about them.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Paging Red.........
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

I don't have an exact number for you but I can tell you the hatfield was more expensive than the x200 when new. It was one of the better bows from Martin for those with longer draw lenths as it did not stack as quick. Larry Hatfield was still an active member on the website tradtalk.com. He worked for Martin and Howatt for years.
    FBSA Member

Just looked at a trad classified section on another forum ans they are being offered for anywhere from 3-500. Obviously condition warrents the price. String them up and shoot them before you buy. Make sure the limbs are not twisted, -that the string lays back into the groove on the limbs after a shot or when you let down. Any recurve should be checked for that. But make sure the bow is sound and straight, then see if you can comfortably pull it. No sence buying a bow you really can't enjoy shooting.
    Also check Ebay for what they have been sold for.
    FBSA Member

Thanks red44. It's always nice to get advice from someone that has knowledge. I am new to archery so my knowledge is very limited which makes me an easy target when buying used gear.

I looked them over and could not find anything wrong with any of the bows. I bought all the items and the three bows for $400. I think that was a pretty good deal. At least that's what I told my wife, hope I was right.

Thanks again

I always tell the wife I paid half of the real price and sold for less than the hole price.

Guys got to have alittle walkin around money

If they are all sound you DID do good. Enjoy, and stick around. There's a good group of AA's here.
    FBSA Member